Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
people wear face masks in shops and take more precautions

do they really? Have you not seen the news or attacks on shopworkers who have to also act as bouncers as well as shelf stackers.

vaccines should be rolled out based on risk profile apart from the nhs who deal with vulnerable people.

if you want to do it based on job risk I would put

police officers and shop workers above teachers.

Nor are nursery staff or childminders, despite being fully open during lockdown.
My missus works at a nursery, and has had the vaccine along with most of her colleagues. They work with a lot of severely disabled kids though so maybe they're treated differently from most other nursery staff?

some will be , those at risk will be same as everyone else In society.

shop workers aren’t vaccinated either and those guys have been working throughout the pandemic and mixing with many more people on a daily basis than teachers will do.

nobody speaks for them, or prioritises them. It’s only food.

Correct, shop workers have done a great job since the start of the pandemic and got on with things. Same for warehouse staff, I know of a few places which have had to close as 60% of the workforce have had covid. You don't hear about it though because the private sector make do.

Last edited:
Told my daughter this morning that it looks like she's going back on the 8th. It's the happiest I've seen her this year. They need to go back. Every single kid on those Zoom classroom calls are fucking suffering. 8th March is 3 weeks after the last person in the top 4 at risk groups has been vaccinated. Makes sense.

Nor all the brilliant teachers who have worked throughout the pandemic looking after key workers children.
Some*

My brother and his wife are both key workers for NHS etc working shifts. Their daughters school didn't take in any kids during the 1st lockdown so my parents who are over 70 had to look after them during the week putting them at risk. They also can't accommodate them all week so at the moment my parent's are looking after them.

A friend of mine is an NHS worker and the school his 2 boys attend pleaded with him not to send them in unless absolutely essential.

Fine solidarity there from teachers, looking after NHS workers..

Some*

My brother and his wife are both key workers for NHS etc working shifts. Their daughters school didn't take in any kids during the 1st lockdown so my parents who are over 70 had to look after them during the week putting them at risk. They also can't accommodate them all week so at the moment my parent's are looking after them.

A friend of mine is an NHS worker and the school his 2 boys attend pleaded with him not to send them in unless absolutely essential.

Fine solidarity there from teachers, looking after NHS workers..
what happened in this lockdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.