Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My missus works at a nursery, and has had the vaccine along with most of her colleagues. They work with a lot of severely disabled kids though so maybe they're treated differently from most other nursery staff?
Yes, I think so. I work in early years supporting childminders, who have children coming into their homes, no PPE, no social distancing possible. As far as I’m aware, nursery staff, like childminders haven’t been prioritised.

Wheres that fella who cancelled his Az vaccine for the Pfizer lol

I think you mean @Two Gun Bob

In all seriousness though, this is fantastic news but taken with an element of caution, let’s hope the English figures follow suit - I’m guessing we are the test case with AZ, similar to the Israelis with Pfizer as we were first country to roll out AZ to the masses?

Why not? I’d imagine some shots are not taken and it’s administratively unfeasible to have others on standby and call them. Far easier to vaccinate her and every shot at the Etihad is a positive.
I agree,if the shots are otherwise going to waste.

I just find it a little perverse that people who arent a priority are 'backdooring' it while those that should be are having to wait.

I just find it a little perverse that people who arent a priority are 'backdooring' it while those that should be are having to wait.

I agree, but this has gone on since day one of the vaccination programme. The moment CNN ran the story of the old buffer turning up to get a vaccine in London, without invitation, it was evident that people would start backdooring/using their initiative to get vaccinated ahead of when they should be. Similarly, the moment the authorities started broadcasting slow uptake in certain communities/areas, it was no surprise that other people started popping into these places late in the day, just on the offchance.

It's happening everywhere mate, I had a bit of a ding dong with a really good mate last week as he let slip when he rang to see how I was that him, his Mrs, his in-laws (Mum,Dad,3 sisters) and his Mum and Dad have all had their vaccine due to his Mum being a Manager at a GP's surgery, now I understand his Mum and Dad at a touch with her working on site but the fact that they have used that to get the rest of their Family done is frankly a wanky move and I said as much, we're struggling hugely as my in-laws are both still waiting (in their 60's, one of which has a heart issue) and we rely on them for childcare, plus the fact our little one is crying nearly 5 times a day as he misses them. I said I'm not being funny but why aren't people like his mother co-ordinating with other GP's and getting the people who really need it done first but he wouldn't have it, can't be any harder than picking the phone up and ringing as she did the same for him... I fear/suspect a lot are purposely holding some appointments back for people they know.

My missus has got her vaccine on Saturday but they won't do me as her full time carer, so I asked for a late as possible appointment and will cheekily ask if there's any left over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.