Is it important to you to win the Champions League?

Is it important to you to win the Champions League?

• Yes

Votes: 206 67.5%
  • No

Votes: 99 32.5%

• Total voters
League Title for me is more important, but the Champions League would shut the media up.

It wouldn't shut the media up though.

We would have to win it again,we'd have to win it with players brought through the youth academy or free transfers.We'd have to score two in the added on time,come back from 3 down etc etc.

Not the biggest fan of the Champs league for obvious reasons (UEFA), but I think we need to win it to show how far we have come and to be noticed on the world stage. Looks bad if Liverpool can do it and we can’t, but it’s a cup competition knock out, so anything could happen on the match day.
Personally I value Premier league the most.
But would love it if we won that Euro cup!
‘Champions of Europe’ does have a nice ring to it...

Its a rigged elite competition involving the same teams in latter stages, on a regular basis. Once we have won it once, probably would not be bothered too much thereafter. PL means more and is a better measure of how good a team is.

oh yes, really like to get it ticked off the list sooner rather than later, im 69 this yr so get yer finger out city, times running out

I dont enjoy the competition,the football is horrible in the main and the cheating reaches new heights.....however,its a trophy we need to win to get the monkey off our back (and Pep's) and to shut a few cunts up.

If we won the league and/or cup every year for the rest of my life and went out of the cartel cup in the group stage, I would die happy. Every time I hear some victim telling me it is the trophy that really matters, the less it matters to me. Just a personal view.

It wouldn't shut the media up though.

We would have to win it again,we'd have to win it with players brought through the youth academy or free transfers.We'd have to score two in the added on time,come back from 3 down etc etc.
That may well be the case, but after we won the league in 2012 I really didn't care what anyone said about the legitimacy of our win or scale of our achievement. My worry now is that we are so conscious about what other people think and say about us that we occasionally forget why we are City fans and why we follow our club. 13 years ago we'd have merely been grateful to win any trophy for the experience of the joy of winning but now we apparently want to win things to shut people up or get one up on our rivals. A third of our fans here have said that the CL isn't important to them. I can't get why they wouldn't want to be partying with 20,000 blues until daybreak in a European city after lifting the trophy.

In many respects, the way we won the league in 2012 was our "Del and Rodney getting rich" moment. It was so great, so unique and so euphoric that nothing would ever touch it again. The thrill of the chase was over and nothing has really felt the same since. To my mind, the CL is the last chance to give me a new experience whilst following City. If you've followed the club for 30 years you've seen nearly everything. The CL is the last frontier. It's our biggest obstacle, stacked with adversaries along the way. To conquer it would be a fitting final chapter to the rise of our club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.