#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair he was playing along side Suarez in his prime and a team brimming with the kind of confidence(until the end of teh season at least lol) arsenal can only dream of. Current arsenal is no comparison to 2014 dippers.
Yep that's a fair point. I just don't think Saka atm is more than Sterling was at 19. In my opinion, regardless of Suarez, Sterling at Liverpool then was electric.

Yep that's a fair point. I just don't think Saka atm is more than Sterling was at 19. In my opinion, regardless of Suarez, Sterling at Liverpool then was electric.
Yeah its an interesting comparison...i genuinely believe that suarez was the worlds best striker at that time though and he terrified defenders so much its used to create havoc and space for others in their squad. Sterling was very much a beneficiary of playing alongside him at that time. Hell even sturridge was and he did squat when he left them.

Cant stand suarez as a person but in 2014 who in the world was better as a striker?

Top clubs do not sell young top players unless there are contract issues.
Top clubs replace older players or those with contract issues.
Top clubs do not have culls, but continually add young top class talent as and when they can procure them.

Yeah its an interesting comparison...i genuinely believe that suarez was the worlds best striker at that time though and he terrified defenders so much its used to create havoc and space for others in their squad. Sterling was very much a beneficiary of playing alongside him at that time. Hell even sturridge was and he did squat when he left them.

Cant stand suarez as a person but in 2014 who in the world was better as a striker?
Dial back a season or two ago, I would say Tevez had a fair shout. But nah, at 2014, don't think any striker could compare to Suarez. Truly terrifying player.

It’s truly incredible how often I’ve read varying degrees of Sterling isn’t a top level player. The levels of delusion in this thread are bordering on clinical at present and one or two need a holiday from football before they eat themselves.
Does anyone think that at his best Sterling isn't a top level player? I don't think many/any in here are saying that. What is being said, is that the guy is woefully out of form, and has been for a significant amount of time.

He cant have the past 3 years he has had, and then hope that nobody notices that his form has fallen off a cliff this season. Its there, right in front of everyone. Are we supposed to just ignore it because of what has gone before? His last few seasons means he has money in the bank, but it cant last forever. It wont last forever with Pep, he was already clearly frustrated with him the other night.

It’s truly incredible how often I’ve read varying degrees of Sterling isn’t a top level player. The levels of delusion in this thread are bordering on clinical at present and one or two need a holiday from football before they eat themselves.

Think you got it right on the pod yesterday.
Simply Sterling was poor midweek but the 5 or 6 games or so before that he's been great overall. I wouldn't go quite as far as Lloyd but I'm so much closer to his view and a million miles away from the extreme views on here.

Does anyone think that at his best Sterling isn't a top level player? I don't think many/any in here are saying that. What is being said, is that the guy is woefully out of form, and has been for a significant amount of time.

He cant have the past 3 years he has had, and then hope that nobody notices that his form has fallen off a cliff this season. Its there, right in front of everyone. Are we supposed to just ignore it because of what has gone before? His last few seasons means he has money in the bank, but it cant last forever. It wont last forever with Pep, he was already clearly frustrated with him the other night.

I completely agree about his form, but it's within the context of a team which has many many attacking players who have been woefully poor. I actually think Raz has turned a corner and is improving, and it's disappointing that the other night gave rise to another wave of hysteria.

We've won how games on the bounce now? I appreciate that it's a forum and people have opinions etc - but you'd think that there'd be a bit more of a measured approach than so many seem to be showing when we're on such a good run.

He currently isn't though, and hasn't been for some time.
We know what he is capable of, but to say he has been a top level player consistently, is simply blue tinted specs, or head in sand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.