#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it were the odd game, then yeah, but it hasn't been, hence why nearly after every match this season, the same errors are raised. These are errors no top player should be making so regularly.

Yeah, I just don't agree with the assessment. Nothing to do with spectacles or burying my head. Objectively and respectfully I just don't agree.

He is a professional footballer who cannot control or strike a football consistently. You don't think there are countless players better than him actually on the ball? I named 5 wide men from City alone.

Sterling is one of those players that there is very little middle ground with. The things he does best, he is one of the best in the World at. When in form, he is unplayable. IMO the rest of his game is extremely average, which is fine as long as he is doing what he does best. Currently he isn't, and hasn't been for months.

Same as with @mosssideblue - all I can say is that I just don't agree. I find my opinion to be so far away from yours I'm not sure that there's any value in continuing the conversation.

Saka is a top player. What’s weird is that so is Sterling. But you’d never guess that reading this thread. So odd.
The difference with Saka is his consistency in games and his end product....things happen with that kid,you know he will pick the pass or make the correct decision.Already he is a match winner,and he's getting better.

I'm hoping not,because i dont think he is going anywhere,but its not beyond possibility that Sterling has peaked.

Think you got it right on the pod yesterday.
Simply Sterling was poor midweek but the 5 or 6 games or so before that he's been great overall. I wouldn't go quite as far as Lloyd but I'm so much closer to his view and a million miles away from the extreme views on here.
'Great overall'?

He hasn't though,he has done the bare minimum in games to justify his inclusion,and,considering he is expected to produce world class performances.....he is currently offering nothing more than any other half decent Prem winger couldn't replicate.
At best he's been a 7/10,more often a 5 or 6 - The inflated praise really isn't deserved.

I feel similar about those who don't see Raz's qualities and micro-analyse every mistake he makes to suit a wider narrative about him not being a top player.
I know I’m a bit late to the conversation mate, but I think you are being far too entrenched in your views. He’s a top player, no doubt, but so horribly out of form it’s pretty frightening. He’s back at being the level he was a few years ago when a lot were doubting why we’d spent the money on him.

Of course, everyone was delighted to then see how amazingly he performed for the next couple of years, but he’s back to stinking the place out.

I then think it’s harsh to have a pop at anyone on here bemoaning his form after watching the game the other night, where my dead granny would have had a better game. He was truly awful to the point where he was incapable of the most basic elements of football. I was shaking my head in bewilderment at his performance the other night, it really was that bad.

Quite what the answer is, I have absolutely no idea, as I’ve never known a player like him - capable of 30 goals a year and brilliant awareness of where to be at the right time, yet also can look like someone who has never kicked a ball in his life. It’s bizarre.

It’s truly incredible how often I’ve read varying degrees of Sterling isn’t a top level player. The levels of delusion in this thread are bordering on clinical at present and one or two need a holiday from football before they eat themselves.

Sterling will likely retire as City's all time top goalscorer, with ~30 trophies, leading a bunch of all time PL records and statistics, probably Englands most capped player, and people on here will still be talking about if he's really got what it takes to be a top level player.

I think I've accepted that for whatever varying reasons, some people just won't see what's right in front of them. It'll be mildly annoying seeing this debate go on for the majority of the next 10 years, but I suppose it will be more annoying for them to see Sterling play 3 times a week over that time.

I know I’m a bit late to the conversation mate, but I think you are being far too entrenched in your views. He’s a top player, no doubt, but so horribly out of form it’s pretty frightening. He’s back at being the level he was a few years ago when a lot were doubting why we’d spent the money on him.

Of course, everyone was delighted to then see how amazingly he performed for the next couple of years, but he’s back to stinking the place out.
In your opinion why does Pep continually start a player who

"Stinks the place out"

In your opinion, why do you think pep( A reasonably successful coach) continually starts a player who ",stinks the place out"

Sterling will likely retire as City's all time top goalscorer, with ~30 trophies, leading a bunch of all time PL records and statistics, probably Englands most capped player, and people on here will still be talking about if he's really got what it takes to be a top level player.

I think I've accepted that for whatever varying reasons, some people just won't see what's right in front of them. It'll be mildly annoying seeing this debate go on for the majority of the next 10 years, but I suppose it will be more annoying for them to see Sterling play 3 times a week over that time.

Most of them were were trying to bum Gundogan and Bernardo out of the club a few months back.

Sterling's form is the least of our concerns right now. His finishing has always been suspect, and it's something that'll never improve I'm afraid, and something a coach can't do anything about either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.