#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sterling's form is the least of our concerns right now. His finishing has always been suspect, and it's something that'll never improve I'm afraid, and something a coach can't do anything about either.

Are you saying that as a "coach", or an expert of what a coach can or cannot do?

Are you saying that as a "coach", or an expert of what a coach can or cannot do?
I can assure you you don't need to be a professional coach neither an expert to make that out about Sterling. You're either a good finisher or you're not, not something that can drastically improve else it already would have under (arguably) the greatest coach of all time.

I can assure you you don't need to be a professional coach neither an expert to make that out about Sterling. You're either a good finisher or you're not, not something that can drastically improve else it already would have under (arguably) the greatest coach of all time.

So:
Was his 30 goals last season not an improvement
If it was could the coaching team and pep perhaps have been involved.

I believe his finishing has improved, and he has been coached , Kicking technique is a different conversation and something I doubt will Improve much. where you and others are mistaken is his potential to score more goals as he matures and this will be because of pep and his coaching team.

In your opinion why does Pep continually start a player who

"Stinks the place out"

In your opinion, why do you think pep( A reasonably successful coach) continually starts a player who ",stinks the place out"
Just out of interest, do you think it’s impossible for any of our players to ever be out of form and not worthy of a place in the team? Or do you just live in a utopian world where every player is super awesome and the manager is never wrong as he’s great too, and I will lambast anyone on here who dares criticise a player or the manager?

You see, you then mention about Gundo and Bernie and think oh I will have a pop at people questioning them too, whereas all 3 of these players have deserved criticism at some point, and as I pulled you on it the other day, this is a forum for discussion of said players. Thats why we are here.

Last edited:
Saka is a top player. What’s weird is that so is Sterling. But you’d never guess that reading this thread. So odd.

Saka is going to be a very good player

Raz stats speak for themselves, but, in my opinion, he could be so so much better, which is probably why so many on here get frustrated with him, i must admit I'm one of them, you can see the futher potential just because of all the moves he is involved in that gave petered out.

He definitely has another level in him, we need Pep to unlock it.

Last edited:
Last season, Sterling scored more goals from open play than Aguero ever managed in his career, despite playing mostly as a winger and helping in the defensive phase of the game. He isn't a bad goalscorer.

This season, Sterling hasn't been great but things may change quickly. Bernardo had 0 goals and 0 assists not long ago, now he is one of the best players in the league with 8 goal involvements in the last 10 games.

Expect a hat-trick from Sterling soon. And from Gabby too.

Last edited:
This thread reads like a lot of old Gundogan threads.
Smashing, so we just need to find the position that unlocks Raz’s potential then.

No-one ever questioned Gundogan’s technical ability (as far as I’m aware) - just his efficacy in a defensive/holding role. Granted, I personally never thought moving him further forward would produce quite the returns it has, but anyone with eyes could see that Gundogan’s technical ability, with the ball at his feet, was brilliant.

Very different situation with Sterling.

There seem to be two very distinct groups on these threads - fans and supporters.
Fans will critique and try to work out where weaknesses are and how the team could improve. Supporters will often blindly clap and cheer, come rain or shine. In the stadium that has its merits, in a discussion it just seems inflammatory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.