United thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is the media obsessed with City winning the quadruple?​

That's because the toss, a throw in, a corner and a penalty don't count as a quadruple!

Started getting "City playing boring football" texts last night to explain why we are so far ahead.
I don't normally respond as i find not replying drives them wild. (I think some get a narrative off REDCAFE and then run with it)

But i wanted a bit off fun.
So replied "I suppose playing most of the season without a striker, means long balls and kick it and rush doesn't get a look in". (went completely over their heads)

A few replies, but mainly saying Aguero looked past it. (amazing how you tell that from a few minutes football from a player well known to take a few matches to get up to speed)

So i said all will be well when we have Messi and Haaland up front as well.
Replies had no mention of Haaland, but stated we would have two old men in Messi and Aguero and how embarrassing that would be.
My reply, "How's Cavani these days".

Reply...."Oh for fucks sake, i give up with you cheats". (me thinks they are hurting)
Job done :)

All the waffle about the "nailed on pen" has drowned out the question of how McTomminay can kick Mason Mount in the head at head height with a move Bruce Lee would have been proud of and get a free kick because he touched the ball first.. Should have been a free kick to Chelsea and McTominey should have been booked for dangerous play in the first place
Isn't 'dangerous foul play' a Red Card offence?

Has the "clear and obvious" criteria been discussed with the rag non penalty? I don't think it has.

I thought the criteria was that the referee should stick with the original decision unless he made a clear and obvious error which could be verified by VAR.

It's not clear the ref made an error. We've had multiple replays of the incident and it's not obvious whose hand or arms touched the ball first or even if a handball ball occured or even if was it intentional or " unnatural".

Has the "clear and obvious" criteria been discussed with the rag non penalty? I don't think it has.

I thought the criteria was that the referee should stick with the original decision unless he made a clear and obvious error which could be verified by VAR.

It's not clear the ref made an error. We've had multiple replays of the incident and it's not obvious whose hand or arms touched the ball first or even if a handball ball occured or even if was it intentional or " unnatural".
Footballing decisions are a mixture of black and white calls with quite a bit of grey. VAR needs to be utilised for the wrong black and white decisions and good honest referee opinions quickly applied to the grey and the get on the game. It is imperative that the match is allowed to flow we don’t want stop delay start every minute like American Football and Test match cricket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.