Ref Watch

I mean that is actual cheating if true. I had a look at what Shaw said. For us it's funny they didn't get it, but the bigger picture there is that a ref, if what he said is true, has manipulated a potential result because of his own supposed fears. That is completely unacceptable, albeit piss funny in this case.
Isn't that what happens at the other end of the pitch at least 41 times this last year?

And countless times during Fergiscums reign, that was certainly decisions made by fear of pissing the pisscan off.

Shaw has said Maguire misunderstood what Atwell said now.

While assuming he did say it the worrying thing for me is less that the refs are concerned with how they affect games but more especially if they thought it was a pen, how powerful they actually are.

For the record I watched the game on mute, thought it was a raggy arm in realtime and on the replays.
Think you've got that the wrong way around? Maguire(or 'H' to his mates, /barf) is saying that Shaw misheard.

He was just trying to correct his own error in blowing the first time, so in the end, he has made a right old hash of it.
what error ?

player asked if he could take a quick free kick , Mason said yes a blow his whistle.

there are no rules that say you must wait for the defending team to be ready as far as i know, thats why teams want to take the free kick quick. Or am i missing something ? Personally i would like to see refs blow for the penalty kick to be taken when the goalie is kicking the post to waste time !!

at the end of the day it just shows how piss poor the refs are in England

Isn't that what happens at the other end of the pitch at least 41 times this last year?

And countless times during Fergiscums reign, that was certainly decisions made by fear of pissing the pisscan off.
Yes of course, but I can't remember a player in an interview openly quoting what a ref supposedly said where such major decision is in question. With Dunk on Saturday, and last week where a player said he has no idea what the ref was doing (can't remember who), it seems players are becoming more vocal where these absolute shit refs are concerned.

what error ?

player asked if he could take a quick free kick , Mason said yes a blow his whistle.

there are no rules that say you must wait for the defending team to be ready as far as i know, thats why teams want to take the free kick quick. Or am i missing something ? Personally i would like to see refs blow for the penalty kick to be taken when the goalie is kicking the post to waste time !!

at the end of the day it just shows how piss poor the refs are in England
He realised that the keeper wasn't ready when he blew, that was his error.

I don't agree with quick freekicks tbh, every keeper sets a wall up, you can't be taking the piss by chipping it into an empty net while he is on the other post doing what a keeper is expected to do.

Setting a wall up at a freekick is part of the game, rulebook or not.

If Eddie was setting a wall up and the Rags chipped one in, you would be fucking raging, as would I.

I don't mind a quick freekick further up the pitch, you put it down and play it straight away, of course, the opposite to this atm is the number of freekicks that we take when the opposition are about a yard in front of the ball but we play it sideways, maybe it is better for us as it takes one player out of the picture.

He realised that the keeper wasn't ready when he blew, that was his error.

I don't agree with quick freekicks tbh, every keeper sets a wall up, you can't be taking the piss by chipping it into an empty net while he is on the other post doing what a keeper is expected to do.

Setting a wall up at a freekick is part of the game, rulebook or not.

If Eddie was setting a wall up and the Rags chipped one in, you would be fucking raging, as would I.

I don't mind a quick freekick further up the pitch, you put it down and play it straight away, of course, the opposite to this atm is the number of freekicks that we take when the opposition are about a yard in front of the ball but we play it sideways, maybe it is better for us as it takes one player out of the picture.

I get the keeper wasnt ready but is that against the rules of football ? If it isnt the ref cant just make up the rules !

I get it I would be pissed of if it happened against us , but if it's not against the rules and the ref has blown to restart the match can the ref just stop the game even when no rules have been broken ? Perhaps they should 'change' the rules like when City scored against villa ;)

Why should the defending team be given time to arrange a wall or even set themselves up. This means the team who have suffered the foul are penalised. Also, we as paying supporters do not get the time back that is taken setting up walls etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.