United (H) Post Match Thread

Since coming back from injury De Bruyne has been struggling... and i really don’t think Rhodri and Gundogan should be played in the same line up... they cancel each other out !

I would have picked at least one of them, but I believe Pep picks what he thinks is the best side to win the game and he is the one who sees them train and spends hundreds of hours on each game, which is he's right 21 times out of 22.

Of course. It’s why he’s the best manager in the world over longer periods of time. It just worries me going into the final CL games that we may leave some of our most in form or consistent performers on the bench and cost ourselves as we have done in the past. If Pep does have a weakness it is in terms of managing these bigger must win fixtures as times.

No way was I ok with it. Walker should play who against a team with pace and strong left and Cancelo should have played LB. Any one out of the front 3 were dubious selections when the likes of Foden and Bernardo are available and would have given more effort.

That's all theoretical though. Cancelo was shite and had a brain fart for the second goal. There's no guarantee Walker wouldn't have had a similar lapse of concentration. Zinchenko did his job well.

Ha, you’re so full of shit at times to defend your point - how could he not be on the end of them? All he would have had to do is stand still in the box! The header and the one that went through Raz’s legs, you don’t think Serg would have been there and bagged them. 10/15 minute cameo. Too funny.

Look this isn't difficult. He's on the bench because the best manager in club football, who's seen him play every day since he finally returned, thinks he's done, and can't help us even when we need a goal.

Instead of thinking you're so much smarter and could have won the game by brining Aguero on, perhaps consider that Aguero finally has had one injury too many.

Peps three selection mistakes , with hindsight

Walker for Cancelo , Walker understands the meaning of an English derby game he would have put Rashford in Row Z
Foden for Sterling , Sterling does nothing against the Rags and never will
Bernardo for Jesus , Bernardo's energy and playing a false nine has worked for weeks , why change it for the Rags ?

Pep cannot forsee KDB , Cancelo , Dias , Rodri , Sterling , Jesus playing their poorest games for months , for them to do it in the same game is special , in fact i would have said impossible , why couldnt they play this average against anybody else but the Rags.

Very frustrating day at the office.

Needless and amateur mistake by Jesus cost us any early momentum we may have built. However, it seemed that again we were completely unprepared for a team to fire out of the blocks and hassle us.

Their game is the same against us every time. Which is why my biggest scratch of the head comes from the lineup. Sterling doesn’t do well against their right back, Foden ran him ragged in the last game. This isn’t the first time it has happened against them.

Our midfield was painfully slow, Kev is one of the best when he’s on form, but he’s not on form, he’s just come back and is an automatic starter, but because he’s rusty/unfit/not ready, he’s destabilising the team. Foden, Gundogan and Bernardo would have been the right choice today. Let Kev come on later in the game and ease him back into it.

Cancelo didn’t have a good game today. Nor did Dias in my opinion, not by their recent high standards.

Hopefully we can learn from it but I’d like to think we have enough to get the points we need in the last 10 games.

We need a striker, we really, really need a striker to replace Sergio and possibly another if we can move Jesus on or coach him into a wider position. As he plays now, I just don’t think he contributes enough at all. His goal record is good, but if he doesn’t score I don’t think we get anything out of him that someone else could do and more. He’s not the only one and I’m not slagging him off, just an opinion.

I also feel like our best 11 doesn't include De Bruyne. I have thought it for a while. Before his injury and then while he was injured. I have seen a lot of issues with his play. It feels like a sin to say it because he's the best midfielder in the world undoubtedly. But I think we are better without him.

If you watch that Pep interview with camelgob and hear what he says about Foden...I don't see why De Bruyne is getting a game in the middle for us unless it's purely because it is De Bruyne.

I'm not saying he is shit or should be benched regularly. But he needs to adapt his game.
In his first season Kev scored 16 goals playing wide right in the front three. Perhaps he should move back there for a bit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.