Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
City are just big blue bargaining chip in all this and have been since our alleged interest in Messi under pellegrini's tenure back in 2014. I'm sick to fuckin' death of reading the almost incessant - he might could or may sign clickbait crackers bollocks, especially after Messi has spat his 'I want out' dummy out yet a fuckin' gain! Well he hasn't signed yet and I very much doubt that he will sign. He is Barca through and through, he has said words to effect of(in translation)

Whoopee wanking doodle doo if he does sign. I'm flaccid at the thought of a 34 year *will-been riding into town for one big fat final payday. Him signing makes far more sense to CFG than it does to the club, and that is for commercial reasons over football reasons, sadly! I don't want us being dubbed Manchester Messi FC thanks to hep drum up new fans. I'm a supporter paying money to watch games for half a century since being a wee nipper perched on the Kippax wall, well before success and weekly televised games.

Rant over.

*Will soon be a has-been
We've seen with Dzeko on here (to a much lesser extent), player comes, shedloads of fans arrive, player goes so do the fans.

We would increase our profile if Messi came, he may even cover his own wages but when he leaves they'd all go with him and become New York City/Inter Miami fans etc.

What would we really gain here at City? We're already without sounding conceited the best team by some way in England. The CL is a lottery with corruption so there's nothing to suggest Messi would improve the CL chances, as it is the last time I looked we were favourites for it.

We've seen with Dzeko on here (to a much lesser extent), player comes, shedloads of fans arrive, player goes so do the fans.

We would increase our profile if Messi came, he may even cover his own wages but when he leaves they'd all go with him and become New York City/Inter Miami fans etc.

What would we really gain here at City? We're already without sounding conceited the best team by some way in England. The CL is a lottery with corruption so there's nothing to suggest Messi would improve the CL chances, as it is the last time I looked we were favourites for it.
Tbh mate I am not arsed about Messi increasing our profile. I care about my club, Manchester City FC. And I don't give a rat's arse about the CFG in the grand scheme of things.

I’ll be honest mate, I stopped paying much attention after the first sentence.

I’ve honestly heard it all now. The greatest player of all time.... “yeh but a lot of his goals are pens”

For the record I’ve put his pens in brackets which poo poo on that first sentence. 68 pens out of 483 goals. 14%. Hardly earth shattering is it.

People will make up any old excuse to oppose this transfer. Madness.

2011/12 - 51 games / 68 goals (14) / 21 assists
2012/13 - 45 games / 56 goals (5) / 14 assists
2013/14 - 53 games / 45 goals (8) / 15 assists
2014/15 - 59 games / 61 goals (6) / 25 assists
2015/16 - 52 games / 40 goals (4) / 21 assists
2016/17 - 57 games / 55 goals (9) / 17 assists
2017/18 - 58 games / 49 goals (4) / 21 assists
2018/19 - 60 games / 56 goals (7) / 21 assists
2019/20 - 45 games / 33 goals (5) / 26 assists
2020/21 - 29 games / 20 goals (6)/ 8 assists (halfway through season)

edit - having just read your post fully, what did I think of Madrid when we played them? Please don’t buy in to this media narrative of “they aren’t the team they were”. Madrid are the reigning champions of Spain and are one of the top 4/5 teams in the world.
Recently. You don't buy the past, you buy the future so why are you posting his past stats? You might as well post Ronaldo's or Yaya Toure's

I believe these stories because I suspect that City have no intention of having Kun + Messi on the books. My bet is that Kun would have to go for Messi to come in.

I believe these stories because I suspect that City have no intention of having Kun + Messi on the books. My bet is that Kun would have to go for Messi to come in.

Does this not make it sound more likely that Messi is staying? Forgetting all the speculation about how much money they can or can't afford to pay new players, I would have thought he would really want his best mate here, especially when he knows none of the other players and, presumably, doesn't speak a word of the language.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.