Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It always warms my heart when replies like this are below the message "You are ignoring content by this member". I can't imagine what utter bollocks Marvin is spouting currently.
He replied to my post about "getting the best player in the league for a couple of seasons" by stating simply "PSG vs Barcelona"

That was the sum total of his post.

I've had this conversation with a few people. You have to take a step back and look at the wider context.

The Messi's are coming to the end of an unprecedented period of earnings from a contractual point of view. However that has come at the expense of footballing success certainly in the last three or four years.

At this point their next move will be very well thought out, well planned, and part of 'final phase' of his career plan. I simply find it impossible to believe high up on his list of considerations will be "where does Kun play?"

Realistically the two of them playing together is a nice romantic notion, but neither party has attempted at any point in their career to make it happen or tried to force it. I just don't see how at such a crucial juncture in Messi's career (his final contract and final premium destination), the future of Kun comes into it.

FWIW, I don't think Barca can afford to sign Kun, even on a free, even if he takes a pay cut, currently. And certainly if they were to extend Messi, that will make the feasibility of adding Kun impossible IMO.

Appreciate the response and I totally get where you're coming from but I just get the feeling Barca are willing to pull out all the stops to make Messi feel like royalty again, whether that's paying him more than they can afford or bringing some of his mates to the club after losing Suarez last summer and generally being treated like shit for the last few years.

Knowing they're not in a great state financially, I still wouldn't be surprised if they took a huge gamble with it all in the hopes that they'll win every competition going next season.

I don't doubt that Messi and Barca will be prioritising footballing matters over anything else but rather than "I'll stay as long as you bring my mate in", it might just be a case of Barca seeing that Aguero is available on a "free", is a top quality striker when fit and just so happens to get along with Messi.

It's just an odd scenario for me for them to go in literal opposite directions.

It's just an odd scenario for me for them to go in literal opposite directions.

For me this deal has always been about Pep. No-one else. Messi coming IMO will simply be about him wanting that final footballing flourish. If for whatever reason that doesn't happen and he stays in Barcelona, I just don't see how Laporta can pull it off, and I don't see why City wouldn't at that point hand Kun a new deal.

Mate, Barcelona will never collapse. No matter what. That’s why they are in the position they are now. And it will be resolved. No one will ask how when or where. FFP rules or whatever rule there is, Barcelona will be protected.

Totally true. They will find ways to sign, and keep the players they want and that want to be there.

If Sergio goes there, he has my utmost blessing and best wishes. I will be happy for him, he desevers to go wherever he wants, and play at the top level if he can manage it. Same for absolutely anywhere he goes. I'm one who just doesn't see any sense in extending his contract regardless (i said that ahead of the season too, it has nothing at all to do with his injury spell and limited involvement this year).

If Messi stays there as well, i will hardly be surprised. Logically, there is far more sense in him leaving, but when is anything ever based on logic alone.

We will be fine either way, and sign the right players for our squad, with or without both of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.