Odsonne Eduoard

£75m was what Southampton got, Southampton paid £15m or so for him from Celtic. There was probably sell on clauses involved in that I take it, so I doubt City could have managed it for £15m. I take your point though, City should have taken a punt on him while at Celtic.
I know. I was saying when I recommended him, he was at Southampton. I knew he was worth £70m and wanted you to get him. I said, and it's in record on here somewhere that, he woukd sort their defence, you should stop that, because they fix that and they really challenge you. He dud and they won the league. You should have bought Tierney too and now Eduoard, if you don't and one if your competitors do, you will regret it. You could get him.for a pittance compared to what you pay for average players. He's special, young and will go to the top. Why not with you?

I know. I was saying when I recommended him, he was at Southampton. I knew he was worth £70m and wanted you to get him. I said, and it's in record on here somewhere that, he woukd sort their defence, you should stop that, because they fix that and they really challenge you. He dud and they won the league. You should have bought Tierney too and now Eduoard, if you don't and one if your competitors do, you will regret it. You could get him.for a pittance compared to what you pay for average players. He's special, young and will go to the top. Why not with you?
Ah far enough I misread you there then. Yeah I suppose it could have stopped Liverpool winning the CL and PL but there's no saying he would have come had City offered it.

At least we got to see how full of shit the press are, "we'd do the same if it were Liverpool, City fans are just paranoid" it was Roll Royce VVD not £75m VVD. There was some value in walking from that deal when it came to negotiations for other players too.

Tierney you were right on, we could do with a LB like him IMO and I think you could be right about Eduoard too. Even if it means loaning him back to Celtic and then loaning him out in the PL or Europe to see how he gets on.

We could have signed Tierney for 25. It's arguable whether he'd be doing a better job than Zinchenko for 1.7.
No comparison imo, Tierney is an absolute rolls Royce, zinny "does a job" for a few months at a time - he does it well at time don't get me wrong but he's nowhere near Tierney's level and will invariably get replaced. If we'd bought KT, the LB slot would have been seen up for the next 7-10 years imo

No comparison imo, Tierney is an absolute rolls Royce, zinny "does a job" for a few months at a time - he does it well at time don't get me wrong but he's nowhere near Tierney's level and will invariably get replaced. If we'd bought KT, the LB slot would have been seen up for the next 7-10 years imo
lol. There is a reason he is playing for a mid table club.

I believe the recently deceased excellent poster @Neville Kneville recommended we should get VVD, when he was still at Celtic in 2015, @FantasyIreland was also keen too, when discussing Jason Denayer who was his partner at the time.
He said, (page 39 of Jason Denayer thread Feb 2015)

"I'm wondering if there is some technical flaw in Van Dijk's game that top coaches can see, & I'm not qualified or smart enough to see. Or perhaps mental issues or something.

Because I've watched him a lot of times &, ok it's a poor league, but he looks great in the air, strong on the ground, quick, great on the ball & intelligent. Covers well etc.
I am struggling to understand why he is playing in Scotland at 23, & why there are a bunch of fucking clowns in the Dutch team, & no Van Dijk, as he looks 3 times better than all of them.

I don't know how much Celtic will be asking for him, but if it's not stupid money, I would sign him purely on potential. The possible rewards are worth the risk. City have people watching Denayer, so we must be aware of VVD.

Like I say, perhaps there is a flaw which I'm missing & it would be exposed at a higher level but if the Turtle has him in the centre of rags defence next season, or Brendan fucking Rodgers snaps him up, & he's brilliant, I won't be impressed with City's judgement at all, as we can see him every week & obviously have a diologue with Celtic, & Deila."

Shame we didn't listen.

Last edited:
Yes, they have somebody there who can see a defender for less than £70m who is actually a player. I think all power to them.
Yeah they are doing a cracking job clearly. Tierney is not good enough for City but anyway, wont go off topic anymore.

I wouldn't have Eduoard in the same class as Tierney and VVD, but I suppose he could always prove me wrong in the coming years when he moves on from Celtic
I'd have Moussa Dembele as a better player than Eduoard as well.

Tierney was missed by City, could still take him off Arsenal i suppose. He's better than Robertson

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.