#5 | John Stones - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a mistake. He had plenty of time to make a different decision and made an error. He has been utterly superb, this season, and is a huge talent. Let's hope he puts it in the bag marked 'The Past' and gets on with being the best defender in the league because that is what he has been this year.
As for the media, they simply want click-bait. John Stones is that because bedroom dwelling neanderthals can now type endless drivel about how 'he always has a mistake in him', 'he hasn't learnt to put it into row Z' or 'he's not the man for England as internationals are different'.
Internationals are different. That mistake would not have happened if he had been playing with Ederson. John needs to adapt his game a bit to make allowances for the lower quality of players he has to play with for the national team. If that means clearing it long or out of play so be it.
In the past most players playing for England would notice a big step up in quality from their club side. Now that is not the case.

Stones has made huge strides this season and his form has been excellent. It is only one error so nothing to worry about as long he doesn't make it again. Hopefully his confidence won't be affected and he will be back to his best when he is back playing for City

Pfft, been England's best defender for most of the season, 1 mistake and the media piles on him, typical.

Pfft, been England's best defender for most of the season, 1 mistake and the media piles on him, typical.

Have they? Most articles I’ve read have pointed out exactly what you’ve said, that it’s the first mistake he’s made this season. They’ve also all mentioned both Popes role in it with the bad pass to him and how Stones responded.

I don’t think the press reaction has been anywhere near what it would have been had he done it a couple of seasons ago.

Have they? Most articles I’ve read have pointed out exactly what you’ve said, that it’s the first mistake he’s made this season. They’ve also all mentioned both Popes role in it with the bad pass to him and how Stones responded.

I don’t think the press reaction has been anywhere near what it would have been had he done it a couple of seasons ago.
Tbh I'm just going off mostly Talksport and Keane's reaction. I do dread imagining how much worse the press would react had the team not win.

I see that dodgy goalkeeper Pope got a free pass last night for passing the ball behind Stones, making him check and take it on his left, hence the touch to get it out of his feet and on to his right?

Still not excuse for John not to get it clear but there were two or three occasions last night when Pope smashed one right at him and it almost cannoned into the goal, and another when John was holding off the attacker for Pope to come and he fucking bottled it and dropped it.

What a fucking appalling goalkeeper he is.

I am sure I am not the only one on here who frankly is not really bothered about the England games. If we get to the world cup semis or something I might get remotely interested but other than that, meh.

So just so long as it does not affect his City performances - and I don't think for one moment it will - I couldn't care less.

I am sure I am not the only one on here who frankly is not really bothered about the England games. If we get to the world cup semis or something I might get remotely interested but other than that, meh.

So just so long as it does not affect his City performances - and I don't think for one moment it will - I couldn't care less.
I feel mostly cuz club football level has way exceeded the international football level.

Plus, due to the nature of international football, it is mostly dry and dreary when most teams prioritize caution. Still, it can be fun to watch at times, especially if the nation is abundant with talent. Almost like watching an "all-stars" team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.