Oldest City Souvenir/Merchandise you have

My Great Uncle followed City from the 1920s to the 1980s. Apart from when he was serving in WW2 obviously.
He bought shares in City when we were on our uppers, sometime in the 80s I think.
To this day I don't know what happened to those shares. He died unmarried and childless, but some bugger has them ;-)

My uncle bought me one share for my 7th birthday in 1983. I also got a share certificate. Long lost it!

Thanks Sharon. Dad knew a guy who was one of the stewards at Maine Road in the 60s and used to get him Cup Final tickets and that menu etc.
Off my own back,I still have my 1976 League Cup Final ticket and 1981 FA Cup Final ticket.
That's a proper treasure trove that. You are very lucky x

That's a proper treasure trove that. You are very lucky x
I just checked the menu and it is dated 29th July 1968.
And the music was provided by the Band of the Manchester and Salford Police (no GMP back then).
And The Lord Mayor was Alderman Harold Stockdale J.P.
I am hoping that at least 1 of my 4 grandsons becomes a City fan, so that I can leave it all to him/them.

I just checked the menu and it is dated 29th July 1968.
And the music was provided by the Band of the Manchester and Salford Police (no GMP back then).
And The Lord Mayor was Alderman Harold Stockdale J.P.
Such detail!!! I'm sodding jealous! ;-)

In the 1980s my dad gave me some of my grandads stuff, the oldest is a 1934 evening chronicle (I think it's the chronicle, I haven't looked at it for quite a few years) of the cup win and homecoming.

My fave was a penant/triangle flag for the 56 cup final though.

I got passed down lots of stuff (grandad died in 84 and a lot of his and my dad's stuff were in a tatty box upstairs in dad's greengrocers, so I nicked/saved a lot more of that in about 92 bringing it home! As well as what I was given in 86), Lots of 50s and 60s progs, cup final stuff, some champions 68 pennants, little pot city man (which is in the got not got city book), you're making me nostalgic for it all now!

I remember holding the 56 flag in awe like it was from a lost world - this was 1986 so it was only like looking back at 1991 now!

Stuff that was my own collection rather than given to me - im proudest of the large collection of handwritten letters and signed stuff from city players from 87 to mid 90s.

and stuff from the 81 final was my own, though I was 5 and didn't go!

Last edited:
All the home programmes from the 1968/9 season and a full team and manager signed programme from the Leicester FA Cup final 1969

I’ve got a book of newspaper articles about City from 1894-2012

Saying that, it’s only 9 years old.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.