Dortmund (H) - CL QF | Post-Match Thread

That was a Groundhog Day special.... where Rodri and Ilkay didn't play particularly well together. They are a good side and we were ponderous and looked prone to them getting a goal.
Two things stood out, 1) Bellingham's goal should have stood... 2)The amount of times the ball from their defence broke through our midfield lines into their midfield players had me shitting myself.
Oh, and Haaland did fook all, it's just that what little he did was class.

A wins a win could been a lot better score line feel we will need 2 goals next week! Is Sancho back for them next week? If he is going to make it not more difficult

I thought more so Ilkay and Rodri. Their passing was shocking at times.
Pass of the night from Ilkay, Foden finished it off with aplomb, calmed the old nerves. Not sure about Rodri's contribution tonight, ditto Berni and Cancelo.

The number of times Mahrez made a half-arsed attempt to get back when they overturned the ball was a bit of a worry. Can't slag him off as he created the first goal beautifully.

Hopefully we'll play better in the return leg.

Not just Dias it's catching up with but the whole team. Energy levels are certainly dipping and who can be surprised?
Easy to forget how many minutes our top players were playing representing their countries during the "international break". This on top of our relentless 2 games per week programme. Not so much for Dortmund players for whom it was their cup final. I expect City business as usual for the replay.

They(the team) have set the bar toooo high so every mediocre or even semi-good performance seems bad.
I don't remember who said it, it was some NBA basketball coach, but he said that sometimes you have to look in the past to see who you were in order to realize where you are now. It would be a bit handy for some of us :)
Indeed! I thought we were good, and even very good, in places last night without hitting the highest heights and maybe being a bit lucky here or there. But that was partly to do with how they set-up and how they played. They'd clearly studied our press, had a plan with how to deal with it, and filled the spaces really well when they were defending. Once we figured that out and Pep made the right changes we looked really dangerous for 30 minutes. But critically we controlled the tempo of the game, which was always key given getting into an end-to-end thriller would have suited them. It's a first leg CL QF, and the most important thing was to be in the driving seat next week, which we are. Like you say, we've maybe let some of our best performances get the better of us on here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.