Chelsea - FA Cup SF | Post-Match Thread

Fernandinho yes could of got a earlier booking, especially if you listen to that Steve bloke commentating, he was desperate for him to get booked !
But now many soft little nuggers did he give as free kicks to Chelsea ? Like he was on a mission to stop a City win . And I think the thing in the first half that Matelartin may be on about , was the corner in the last minute, when KDB took it and he blow his whistle , KDB wasn't happy about !
Their goal came from one of many soft free kicks.

Subbing off sterling would not just wreck his confidence, it would leave us with a REAL liability we couldn't shift as opposed to an out of form player. Pep shown faith in him when the whole country was on maximum hate mode. He can't be seen to be withdrawing that faith.
He’s been shite all season.
The only reason he shouldn’t have been subbed off is because he shouldn’t have been on in the first place.
With the way we rotate we all knew he would be play though. The thing is he should be contributing a lot more regardless.
Our set up today did him no favours but the sad thing is he doesn’t have the skill set to contribute in a game like today. His first touch, ball control decision making and passing ability is not to the standard we require.
That is before his confidence issues come into play at all.

Cancelo has the skill set but has poor decision making at times and is careless consistently giving the ball away very cheaply. I don’t think he had a full backs instinct for danger either. He worries me, he is so overconfident at times.
Rodri has improved greatly this season but is still too slow to play with an aging Fernandinho against a young agile opponent. He dwells too long gets shut down and gave the ball away a lot today.
Torres just hasn’t got up to the speed of the English game at all yet.

It was no one players fault. I thought even reliables like Dias looked tired and nervous of this defence.
Steffen gifted them an open goal.
Mendy? Less said the better.
I hope Kev is okay but even before he turned his ankle he looked tired and slow.

The way I see it, I never really considered the quadruple as I don’t think we are as strong with our second eleven out or even our second 7 or 8 in our rotation system.

We have done remarkably well this season with a team without a striker and no forward that you would have confidence in, in a one on one with the goalkeeper.
We need our best eleven plus three on the bench in every important must win game at this stage, and currently I don’t see Sterling in that fourteen.
It’s up to him to prove he should be there but he rarely does these days.

Oh by the way, I still love this team and how they have played this season although it doesn’t sound like it from this rant, but e think we are a replacement for Fern and Aguero and Mendy possibly, from being truly formidable. What Pep has got out of this squad, this season, is remarkable when you consider the players that were being lambasted last season, stepping up to the plate this year.

Was there a niggle with KDB early on or was his injury just from that incident on the sideline?
The commentators said something about an earlier niggle

I’m not getting it with Torres , he doesn’t have any affect on games , I know he’s a young lad and It’s his first season , new country etc .
But been really unimpressed with him , I thought we were getting a direct winger who was skillful and could beat a man .
I’ve not seen anything from him , looks a half decent finisher got a few goals earlier in the season but no where near the first team for me .
Gonna have to see how he gets on next season , needs to improve dramatically, he’s anonymous every time I see him play on the wing .
I’d be tempted to send Torres on loan to another PL club next season but I’m not sure he’d get many games - on present showings - so that might be counter productive. He’s certainly not shown enough so far to get in our 25.

You're probably right because he wouldn't have given Southampton the respect he gave Chelsea by picking two DM's, by doing that it just nullifies our attack by sucking the life out of it. We had no legs or possession in midfield until Phil and Gundo came on and don't get me started on o
P
Mendy's attempt at tracking/walking back for their goal, awful

You are right he wouldn’t have as Chelsea are in the last 4 of the champs lge, Southampton are struggling at the bottom.

But, rightly or wrongly, he wanted to rest his main midfielders so brought in a striker and countered this with a holding DM.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.