The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
For me there is not a chance the domestic leagues will kick out the clubs angling for this super league - the domestic leagues need those clubs - that goes for La Liga, Seria A etc

I think they have no option but to kick them out if the threat goes ahead.

The 11/12 clubs should back down. I’ll conceived.

The German clubs are owned by the fans - not by American enterprises that have a different interest into the sports. They only want the clubs to survive and have success - not to make bucks with it. The English owners of old were the same - but the newer ones view football as the possibility to earn big because of the popularity.
Bollocks.

Munich have that league by the balls. Anyone that dares challenges them they buy they players up and fuck them over.

And the best players would simply walk away to the 'glamour clubs'.

Let's not kid ourselves here, eh?

TV rights around the world are sold on the premise of the so-called Big Six, not for watching Burnley and Fulham.

We would be stuck in a league with a financial advantage against clubs without a pot to piss in due to reduced TV money.

It's all posturing at the moment but something will have to give.

but if the big broadcasters in uk are refuse to show the games on tv or on the internet in england then what is the point of a super league ? the FA can have a major say in this and blocking viewing and backing the english leagues
you could have a super league and english fans of united and liverpool of the uk could not watch the games

ban showing it in england and see how quick clubs will be willing to play in a super league

Well, who didn't see it coming. The Yanks are all about money. The minute they got fucked off fucking around with the league they just went overseas.

This is a fucking abomination. Owners will enrich themselves, as will greedy fucking footballers. Let's not forget that lot. They're complicit in this. Greedy fuckers just take, take, take and take some more. £200,000+ a week wages. Fucking greed. Someone has to pay for this.....

Bottom of the pile are the fans. No one gives a fuck. This Covid proved one thing to the Yanks. You don't need fans. Yep, all that shite about the atmosphere making a difference.....utter shite. Just play some artificial shite crowd noises and the plebs will carry on watching it. Yup, we don't fucking care. If City line up v Liverpool in Little fucking Rock Arkansas at 11pm on a Tuesday we'll fucking watch it, and pay more to do so as well.

Next one is invitational teams. River Plate, Corinthians, Miami fucking Beckham..... yep, it's round the corner. Oh, and some on here will welcome it. Who wouldn't want to watch City v River Plate in Milan.....just wait, it's coming.

RIP football.
Spot on!

I get that's what they are saying....but how/why? If it doesn't affect domestic leagues.....this is what I don't understand? ???
Because teams wouldn't be able to qualify for the super league, so west ham, Leicester ect finish in the top four, tough shit spurs and arsenal are taking your place

In the context of their sports, it absolutely is. And if my opinion was “worth nothing” then why have I headed a governing sport and spoken to all levels of nfl leaders these past twenty years...but what do I know?

You’ve failed to separate two points. Franchise model works perfectly. You’ve chosen to just blanket state it’s junk.

European football is basically not too different from it. The real difference is the scale. Instead of 30 clubs, English football has 96. Other countries similar. You relegate and promote but it’s all basically a ladder. A very unfair one as those at the top get the spoils, those at the bottom get nothing.

Now the reason the NFL model works so well?

the 32 owners split everything equally.
No team has a financial advantage.

is that a bad thing?

if you still can’t fathom the merit of the above I’ll leave you to it.
NFL?
Is that the rugby they play in The US and Canada and nowhere else?

It started of that city didn’t sign up to this yet this then I bet the what’s app group said we can’t have this lets just add city! It was funny one tweet said city was not signed up to it then like 1 minute later saying were I smell bull shit

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.