The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
“We thank those clubs in other countries, especially the French and German clubs, who have refused to sign up to this.”

Bayern and PSG have been smart. The preferential treatment they’ll get now will surpass anything we’ve seen so far.
Yep very clever

After reviewing this quickly, there's no chance it will go through - especially considering it doesn't have UEFA or FIFA backing.

Players aren't going to give up representing their countries. No chance.
The UEFA statement is clear.
Clubs will be chucked out of the premier league and banned from all other competitions as well as banned from national teams.

I think the clubs involved knew this wouldnt happen, but the more this crops up sooner or later some discussion about the future of football will have to take place ,and the yanks will want to be fully in there.

A wage cap works in US sport because they all get their “transfers” from the same place - the US Colleges.
A wage cap works in US sports because there isn't another place in the world to go and play American football, basketball, baseball or hockey and make close to as much money as you can in America.

Not true in football (soccer).

And neither baseball nor hockey get their best players from American colleges, but through a minor league system, which is ultimately what the domestic leagues would become for the Super League clubs. Increasingly, basketball gets its best players out of high school or after only a year or two of college too.

This is a potentially horrible but almost inevitable development.

Commercially, City probably need to go along with it but I hope that the useless twats at FIFA, UEFA, The FA etc stand firm and say that any club or player joining the league is to be excluded from all official competitions maybe even permanent bans on players from competitions like the World Cup.

Supporters en masse need to make their feelings know against it.

I won't desert my club but I'll support moves to try and kill this idea off.

Soriano needs to fuck off immediately we have backed this.

City need to be in bed with Paris and Bayern on this.

What kind of Super League it would be without Paris Saint-Germain, Bayern Munchen and Menchester City? Lets face it, there three are 3 important clubs.

I can't imagine he'd have the authority to agree to something like this without the backing of Khaldoon and/or the Sheikh.

No chance.

If it’s this or the CL, but still playing in the PL, I’d rather be in the tent pissing out.

If it means leaving the league (which I don’t believe it does) then I’d be against it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.