The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
All played to the backdrop of half empty stadiums.
Willie. I don’t think they give a halfpenny shit about the fans attending. Football has continued in its bubble despite Covid Without fans. The piped crowd noise has been tested. Imagine all the money that could be saved by the big boys if stadia could actually be downsized and stewarding and policing costs saved. The fans £ contribution on match day as a percentage of the gazillions available will be insignificant. All aboard the train towards Rollerball football where continents play off against each other. Meanwhile I will buy a season ticket for Macc Town and watch them in NW Counties 2, swopping ends behind the goals with the opposition at half time and taking my boots along just in case.

I honestly cannot see how this has progressed from an initial stupid idea. Forget everything else about how greedy etc the clubs are, half the clubs in this “Super League” are no fucking good.

It’s one thing if there’s a proposal that sees the best clubs in Europe wanting to compete against each other to raise more money but Arsenal, Spurs et al can’t fucking compete against the shite they are are wanting to get away from. This would be bad enough for us, and we would have a serious chance of winning it. What do Spurs fans think about finishing bottom of this league every season, all so their club can make a few extra quid?

Willie. I don’t think they give a halfpenny shit about the fans attending. Football has continued in its bubble despite Covid Without fans. The piped crowd noise has been tested. Imagine all the money that could be saved by the big boys if stadia could actually be downsized and stewarding and policing costs saved. The fans £ contribution on match day as a percentage of the gazillions available will be insignificant. All aboard the train towards Rollerball football where continents play off against each other. Meanwhile I will buy a season ticket for Macc Town and watch them in NW Counties 2, swopping ends behind the goals with the opposition at half time and taking my boots along just in case.
I think I’ll join you at Macc next season.

It won't be though will it. If locals turn their backs on it I'm sure plenty will flock to the games.

Also look forward to City v Barca in New York and shite like that
Im not so sure. As a club we hardly have a love affair with the CL and this proposed super league sounds just as bent if not worse. We will have the yank owners dictating how we can spend our money and determining how much we get, so for me and I imagine a hell of a lot of fans, we wouldn’t want anything to do with it. No way the etihad is anywhere near full for these types of games.

Sadly the stadiums will still be full. Just won’t be local fans but ones from China, India, etc.
I would imagine local fans will get in for free but the rest of globe will buy digital season tickets to watch their team. The local fans will essentially be bit-part actors as part of the spectacle. It's football meets The Trueman Show.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.