The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
He says what the fans want hear at the end of each season. I doubt he would lose a wink of sleep over the anger this has caused City fans.

That's absolute bollocks.

That guy preserved the very existence of this club when he went to war with Uefa.

Khaldoon is generally the smartest man in every room he enters, so don't do him the disservice of suggesting we are suddenly grasping in the dark.

If we are involved, then they will have gamed out what they want to achieve as their end game.

I don’t think we can properly assess the lay of the land here till UEFA announce their own plans tomorrow can we? I’m assuming their “launch” will be going ahead as planned ?

That's absolute bollocks.

That guy preserved the very existence of this club when he went to war with Uefa.

Khaldoon is generally the smartest man in every room he enters, so don't do him the disservice of suggesting we are suddenly grasping in the dark.

If we are involved, then they will have gamed out what they want to achieve as their end game.

Yes money

The powers that be have threatened to chuck those signed up , out of the prem

If thats the case then I honestly believe that ANY club that has signed up should be immediately relegated - even if at 9:30pm the clubs involved back track on it

The key word being 'SIGNED UP' because that ultimately signals true intent to leave for this new super league competition

And what are playing games of brinkmanship and doing snide,greedy deals achieving for the fans?

All we’re hearing now is rumour. Rumour founded on truth no doubt, but let’s pay the club the respect of waiting to hear their POV before losing our shit.

I don’t like it, but my guess is they knew they had to jump here and there’s more to this we don’t know.

for a start nobody on the previous 88 pages has even twigged the front loaded finance deal on the table and removal from ffp would see the breakaway teams have a disgusting amount of cash to spend immediately. Want Haaland? Forget it. Messi? Staying at Barca. Neymar/Mbappe? Easy pickings.
This deal will literally be a bail out for some clubs on the ropes. You want to deal with that while still fighting with Uefa?

Spot on, the other football associations can threaten what they want, if the clubs are creating s new competition they're leaving anyway. Can they due them? Surely a club can quit if they want?
The clubs assume their drawing power as global entities with global fan bases will result in high broadcast revenue. Agree with others that the owners couldn’t care less about the local fans or match day gates. Local rivalries will diminish in importance over time — the Manchester derby would be replaced as “important” by, say, Barca/Juve if those were the league’s two best sides for several years. So the only power the current fan base has is to vote with their feet and eyes. But the owners are counting on fans in Delhi or New York to keep watching, and new fans to be generated. The American owners in this case also sniff weakness in American baseball and American football (due to real potential challenges ahead related to concussions — American football is “a sport all the mothers in America could shut down in 24 hours if they wanted to” someone once said). They see more kids playing low contact, high energy soccer — and they want to catch that wave before the MLS has any strength/power. There are multitudes of reasons why American owners LOVE this idea — none of them rely on what today’s local fans think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.