The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
So, 98% of people on here don’t want this, and city are going ahead with it - I’m so nearly finished with football,
we are the game - the fans.
The fans ARE the game. Just not the fans in Manchester who have followed City for decades, according to this group of greed-addled cretins.

The Premier League would have to kick out any team that signed up to this otherwise their would be no integrity in the league. Using the current standings why would the dippers need to chase a top 4 slot? They won't be playing in the champs league and as they are playing Madrid on Wednesday in the Corrupt Cup they play a weakened side against a relegation threatened team. Arsenal who are never near the top 4 save their best players for the Corrupt Cup knowing they won't win the league. It simply cannot work as they are suggesting.

Last edited:
I think this is just hot air and a lever to get what they want. Remember when they last did this, threatening to break away and form a European super league and the powers that be caved in and formed the champions league? This is similar.

and if the football authorities kept there word and expelled them but kept the champions league then other clubs could be come big players especially if the super league falls on its arse

Zero percent interest in friendlies, 5 percent interest in Nations
league, 90% interest in summer Euro and World Cup tournaments would be my honest answers to that. I was trying to make the point that the 6 Nations for example I love to bits - with the same 6 teams every f’kin year! ;-)
Yes but that has been a traditional structure its not giving everything up like this nonsense !

Zero percent interest in friendlies, 5 percent interest in Nations
league, 90% interest in summer Euro and World Cup tournaments would be my honest answers to that. I was trying to make the point that the 6 Nations for example I love to bits - with the same 6 teams every f’kin year! ;-)
The point I was making was that the danger of failure drives the ambition of a sporting club. Keep that and fans remain engaged, the team remains driven; remove it and you end up with a facsimile of competitive sport.
The 6 nations is successfully accepted by fans because there wasn't a previous alternative. There was nothing to compare and contrast. The same as in the US with the way they do things.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.