The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
How would the national team work ? You see some of these South American players worship playing for their countries but would they be allowed
Wouldn't surprise me if this goes through, that courts would rule in favour of players to tear up their contracts and walk for free if they wish. No top footballer would ever sign a contract that made it impossible for him to play international football.

I'm not in favour of this Super League but City first every time.

We await to see what exactly is going to happen and what part City play but I want blame the people managing the club for wanting to have the team play in the most prestigious, lucrative and widely viewed competitions.

No other fuckers have been looking out for City so the club has to do what is best for it. What I hope is that football associations and supporters can do enough to make this a Superfluous League and prevent it ever getting off the ground.

im City before anything but think how we would feel if we were Everton, Newcastle, West Ham, Villa, forest etc...... basically irrelevant cos of greed, it could so easily be us and it’s just fuvkin wrong

I think this is just hot air and a lever to get what they want. Remember when they last did this, threatening to break away and form a European super league and the powers that be caved in and formed the champions league? This is similar.
This. And they introduced the historical payments so clubs living in the past got more share of the money

I think this is just hot air and a lever to get what they want. Remember when they last did this, threatening to break away and form a European super league and the powers that be caved in and formed the champions league? This is similar.
That’s exactly what I think it is.

We all know one thing is a definite if it comes to light that we 'signed up for this' - that the game against PSG will not go in our favour (especially in UEFA's eyes)

Its important to identify who has actually signed up to this though, if what i have read is to go on, then we have only expressed an interest, not signed up to it - but there are conflicting reports so its hard to know what to believe

For those that have signed up, it signals intent to breakaway - thus the governing bodies should throw the book at them and actually take back control of the game

Yes but that has been a traditional structure its not giving everything up like this nonsense !

Its also a National thing. It wouldn’t be the same if it was Sarcens, Sale etc

I cannot stand rugby but I take an interest in the six nations. I couldn’t tell you who’s won the club honours.

The problem is with Covid and the amount of debt rags scousers Madrid Barcelona and the Italian clubs are in and the outlook to them being able to compete looks from this 6 billions competition is like a life savour for them! It’s either a bloody goo bluff by these clubs or they are pushing through with it and take the consequences!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.