The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
must admit i have had a bit of a chuckle at UEFA,wonder if this SL nonsense would have had more support during the investigations i think it would have done
This is me.

UEFA had it coming.

But i am not only a City fan,but also a Football fan.I want the Newcastle's,and Evertons,Leeds of this World to have their day in the Sun.

FFP killed their chance of that,they shut the Door after us.Now they are lifting the drawbridge.

Some Clubs might eventually cease to exist, if this all goes through..

I was always proud that my Club was a true working Mans Club,in every sense of the word.

I feel like we should be making a stand.

Rags,Arsenal, Spurs, etc have always been the playgrounds for the Nouveau Rich and their corporate friends.

You want real ground roots, local history then City has it in Buckets.

History isn't just judged in Silver like Pep thinks.

History is having real ties with the people of Manchester.Being the only Manchester Club.Having fans that never cease to amaze,averaging 30,0000 + in second division games.Filling the ground out even when we were shit,refusing to fuck off and die. Thats why they hated us.They hated us because they secretly admired us.

Last edited:
This is me.

UEFA had it coming.

But i am not only a City fan,but a Football fan.I want the Newcastle's,and Evertons,Leeds etc to have their day in the Sun.

FFP killed their chance of that,they shut the Door after us.Now they are lifting the drawbridge.

Some Clubs might eventually cease to exist if thi all goes through..

I was always proud that my Club was a true working Mans Club,in every sense of the word.

I feel like we should be making a stand.

Rags,Arsenal, Spurs etc have always been the playgrounds for the Nouveau Rich and their corporate friends.

You want real ground routes local history then City has it in Buckets.

History isn't just judged by Silver like Pep thinks.

History is having real ties with the people of Manchester.Being the only Manchester Club.Having fans that never cease to amaze,averaging 30,0000 + in second division games.Filling the ground out even when we were shit,refusing to fuck off and die. Thats why they hated us.They hated us because they secretly admired us.
Tough to admire now sadly.

It really is sinking in that MCFC died years ago, everything that made me a City fan and I don't know what it is it was just me, has gone we are now Rags.
What a horrible thought that is.

Staring in the Mirror and seeing yourself in a Rag shirt staring back.

Becoming what you hate most.

The founding members have their places guaranteed - there is effectively very little for the other PL teams to play for.
But they wouldn't have their Premier League places guaranteed. So they'll need to make a deal..

Might mean the end of UEFA but hey ho.

Of course they back it. Them, Arsenal, Spuds, AC Milan etc will be secretly loving it. They just got a huge pile of cash and access to a competition they don't have to earn their way into or get relegated from. They are total winners in this scenario. They bought their way back into relevance.
Hmmm. Will they be relevant?

The positive part of me is hoping that UEFA will come to an agreement of sorts with these clubs and reform the Champions League in a way that would make it similar to this proposed ESL format. Hopefully qualification would still be achieved on merit rather than standing though.

The clubs want a bigger slice of the cake which is understandable. Ultimately, this is all about money.

I can’t see the top teams participating in their domestic cup competitions with this thing going on though.

So hypothetically does this sort itself out if the 6 founding clubs make a deal the Premier League that the places in the Super League each season go to the clubs finishing in the top domestic places (for instance top 4 plus the two domestic cup winners).

Likely to be the only way the Premier League would agree.

Other countries founding teams make their own domestic deals.

UEFA and associated corruption cut out of the deal.

Founding teams retain Super League voting rights.

Competion expandable globally to clubs outwith Europe if founding teams agree.

Just a thought.
Not sure how that would work tbh.

I think the "Founding members" are untouchable.Are permanent members of the Super League.

A bit fucked up really,if this is true.

Makes the Premier League top 6 race irrelevant.Destroys the brand.

Sky/BT are not going to want to pay hundreds millions for a damaged product that has lost all intrinsic value.

The revised TV Deal will deny every other Club revenue,slashing it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.