The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
They'll need the money to cover the lack of interest of repeatedly playing the same teams multiple times a season. If they managed to stay in the PL then it would be 2 games, drawn against the same opponent in the SL another 2, then possibly again at QF/SF stage, another 2, plus possible domestic cups (if they survived), then repeat the season after....boring

I think they’ll happily walk away from the premier league

city v united
Liverpool v real
Chelsea v Milan
Arsenal v Real Madrid

Leeds v Burnley
Everton v Newcastle
Villa v wolves
Brentford v palace

which games would you watch over the weekend?
Meh, those big games lose all meaning when they are being played every week to be honest. Who gives a shit about City Vs Real Madrid when it happens every few months.....

I'll take a league 2 match personally.

I can see the fans of the other 12 not giving a fuck, but they haven't had to deal with the shit our fans have put up with, Liverpool and United are entitled cunts, what have arsenal and spurs fans got to lose, don't know about Chelsea fans, but to us it's a massive kick in the bollocks to jump into bed with the slimy cunts who tried to kill us

Having thought long and hard about this, I`ve come to the conclusion that joining this motley group of treacherous cunts is unfortunately the only thing we could do.

If we had said no, another team next in line would have more than likely said yes. That would have left us in a league with less financial might. We would be bled of our best players and the best manager in the league would follow the money. The financial backing and sponsership would follow.

The only thing that would STOP me attending games is if we had some form of closed European League and Premier League. The line in the sand for me is the closing of the proposed league to promotion and relegation.

Sure this is already in the works, I’d like to see the supporters groups of the six fleeing clubs form a pressure group to oppose this. Would send a powerful statement

I’m writing to City this morning to express my disgust and I hope others will do the same - though inevitably there are already a few in this thread rationalising it

Mate, we were taken over by an oil shiekh who pumped a billion quid into the club.
In the face of a Cartel of clubs who didn’t want us there, who’ve actively done their best to get rid of us, and now we’ve just joined their Cartel?

Come Game 38 this season, it’s quite possible that the Top 4 could include City Leicester and West Ham... would this have happened in the 00s?

It’s only happened because we gave clubs the belief that we can break up the Cartel and get clubs invested in, like all clubs who’ve had success going back to the formation of the sport.

Now that’s over, forever!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.