The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
I think they’ll happily walk away from the premier league

city v united
Liverpool v real
Chelsea v Milan
Arsenal v Real Madrid

Leeds v Burnley
Everton v Newcastle
Villa v wolves
Brentford v palace

which games would you watch over the weekend?

Non I choose between ramsgate fc or margate fc

BBC Breakfast reporting on the opposition from fans of the six clubs. Several comments from fans' groups. Nothing shown from City - probably the fans most strongly against it and giving a possible impression to viewers that City are not amongst the good guys.

That’s probably our owners point of view. Mine is were becoming a part of the closed shop, greedy, snakey elite which we have despised for 10 years. I want more billionaires to invest in the likes of West Ham/Newcastle/Villa so the likes of Liverpool/United/Arsenal are just history boys, they’ve had their turn at the top, let some others have a go. This will never happen now and we’ll see the same teams at the top of global football for years. It’s a depressing thought and I don’t quite understand how some City fans can warm to the idea.

OK let me perhaps phrase it another way.

The cartel happened. This league will be a massive money spinner. We can either be in it or out of it. For me, the reasons to be in it outweigh the ones to not be in it.

I take it from that post you work in finance?
Ignore everything that matters.... because, y'know, money!!
These clubs are a manifestation of the communities, of the supporters. Do you understand that?
OUR clubs are being taken from us, because of greed.

Actually, yes. Financial analysis is a big part of the day job. And that requires a specific skill: the ability to distinguish between outcomes which one would like to see happen and those which one expects to see happen. One week ago, I wanted City to win the quadruple this season, but I did not expect them to do so. My reasoned forecast of that outcome was correct ... it doesn't mean I have to like it.

In the post you quote, I outlined probable outcomes based upon rational analysis. Not emotion. That is what club owners and league officials will be working from too. My post outlines expected outcomes, as opposed to what I would like to see happen. My preferred outcome is the same as yours ... pretty much the status quo. My expected outcome must allow for other possibilities.

I totally understand the emotional angle of this. I said so in the original post. I've been a fan of City since I first knew what football was, and I'm the proud occupier of an 'M' postcode address. I'm very much a part of the community. But that doesn't mean that rational analysis should be disregarded.

BBC Breakfast reporting on the opposition from fans of the six clubs. Several comments from fans' groups. Nothing shown from City - probably the fans most strongly against it and giving a possible impression to viewers that City are not amongst the good guys.
We’ve got no fan groups.

Send them a link to this thread, we may have to lose half the posts though, not sure 'cunts' would be a word they'd use this time of the morning

We won't get kicked out of the Premier league, the other clubs would have to vote and if you think they would vote for a league without the 6 not a chance, they would earn a fraction of the money they get now, the dirty dozen have got this sewn up, imagine being a fan of an ambitious club, one team will make it into the super league the money they get will make sure that nobody else will be able to compete with that club so effectively all the super league places will be sewn up,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.