The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Now that you lot are awake it's now time for me to hit the hay, but I continue to be surprised by the "it's not that bad" posters who haven't yet seemed to grasp that this is a precursor to a 20-team, 38-match, all-closed (no open spots), weekend-playing, no-relegation, pan-European breakaway league which will inevitably take its act on the road regularly, not some fucking substitute for the CL.

It's meant to -- and eventually will -- mirror the big four sports leagues in US/Canada precisely. Maybe there will be "expansion" over time and more teams will be added, and an unbalanced schedule introduced, and coaches' challenges (which would improve VAR at least IMO) and cheerleaders and TV timeouts and all the other wonderful accoutrements that make US sport(s) so popular globally.
Yeah mate it's all our worst nightmares come true honestly gutted we are part of this shitshow

That’s probably our owners point of view. Mine is were becoming a part of the closed shop, greedy, snakey elite which we have despised for 10 years. I want more billionaires to invest in the likes of West Ham/Newcastle/Villa so the likes of Liverpool/United/Arsenal are just history boys, they’ve had their turn at the top, let some others have a go. This will never happen now and we’ll see the same teams at the top of global football for years. It’s a depressing thought and I don’t quite understand how some City fans can warm to the idea.
It's not that some City fans are warning to the idea, it's dealing with reality

Now that you lot are awake it's now time for me to hit the hay, but I continue to be surprised by the "it's not that bad" posters who haven't yet seemed to grasp that this is a precursor to a 20-team, 38-match, all-closed (no open spots), weekend-playing, no-relegation, pan-European breakaway league which will inevitably take its act on the road regularly, not some fucking substitute for the CL.

It's meant to -- and eventually will -- mirror the big four sports leagues in US/Canada precisely. Maybe there will be "expansion" over time and more teams will be added, and an unbalanced schedule introduced, and coaches' challenges (which would improve VAR at least IMO) and cheerleaders and TV timeouts and all the other wonderful accoutrements that make US sport(s) so popular globally.

Do I detect a touch of irony in you tone.

OK let me perhaps phrase it another way.

The cartel happened. This league will be a massive money spinner. We can either be in it or out of it. For me, the reasons to be in it outweigh the ones to not be in it.

There is only one reason to be in it

Money

We don't need it and we should have said no like others have.

So if a choice of in it or out, well I prefer out

Putting the (fucking terrible) decision to join aside, why on earth did this need announced now?

Couldn't they have bloody waited till the end of the season so I could have at least enjoyed the remaining games and chance at the CL in ignorance bliss. Could have had one last moment before it all goes to crap.

In some ways I'm now glad we lost the fa.cup semi. One less thing to be tainted by this.
It’s ruined this season.

I now don’t care whether we win or blow the title, whether Spurs beat us 1-0 in the 93rd minute with a Dias own goal after them having no shots next week, or that we get humiliated over two legs by Paris.

I just don’t care!

tenor.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.