The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
I for one will not watch the ESL IT stands against everything that sport is about, rewarding performance. Stops the dreams that we had 10 years ago for other supporters. If this was 30 years ago half the clubs would be different. Just GREED

I'd rather see us broke in the PL than a cash cow in the SL.
I don’t think we’ll end up with an SL, just a reformed CL. This is just an initial political power play in my eyes, and we’re better to be involved with a voice than left on the sidelines.

Just caught the last part of Silly Sally on BBC sports news she was interviewing Ex City chairmen David Bernstien ,then she interviewed Kevin Parker from city supporters club, talking about greed and money etc, funny how nobody from Utd or Liverpool were interviewed.
My missus, more an ABU than City said the same, the only time we are mentioned is for something bad.

I'm not feeling at all super this morning as a devoted, passionate and loyal supporter of Manchester City Football club for well over 60 years! Born within a stone's throw from Maine Road.

Dear
United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs fans:
Does this mean you all accept Man City is a big club now?

I was happy being 'little City' because of the history of our fans (win, lose or draw).

This feels like a divorce with past true love for City (1950s to present day) to become but a memory in the future if this £££ greed scheme goes ahead.
Setting my one and only club loyalty aside I feel sick on behalf of all true (especially non plastic) football fans!
I’m with Gary Neville (with the one exception when he implied United have integrity under the Glazers).

This is greed essentially driven by the American influence of the owners of United, Liverpool and Arsenal.
Far from winning 'hearts and minds' it will break them into pieces. Stuff your MLS money model!

I'm proud to read that City fans feel shame and disgust that, albeit seemingly the last to sign up, the club has been tempted to sell its soul and abandon its working class roots. If ever we need democracy and people power it's now.
Take to the streets and wave your bananas Blues!

I need a helpline right now.

#justonevoice

Just caught the last part of Silly Sally on BBC sports news she was interviewing Ex City chairmen David Bernstien ,then she interviewed Kevin Parker from city supporters club, talking about greed and money etc, funny how nobody from Utd or Liverpool were interviewed.

Ha, this is actually funny because a few pages back somebody was complaining that only Liverpool and United fans were being interviewed and they were mad that they were presenting it like City fans didnt care

I'd rather see us broke in the PL than a cash cow in the SL.

I'll go you one further, I'd rather see us broke in the Championship than a cash cow in the SL.

Some here arguing in favor of this seem to have forgotten, much like the club, what makes us City. We aren't just a blue dippers/rags. We play Right Here, Right Now before every fucking game because we'll never forget the day we came out of the third tier. It's our history and our identity that's at stake here.

You could argue we lost much of that during the takeover, but nobody signed up to binning off domestic competitions, nobody said we'd be publishing excuses from cunts like Glazer and Perez as we jump into bed with them. This isn't what we signed up to at all.

We're the working class Manchester club. Most of the Rags are supported from the states or China, but our following has always been much, much more local.

This isn't City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.