The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Surely this is all just a means to getting more out of UEFA in light of the new CL format announcement tomorrow? That seems to be how the breakaway threat is always used. Is this any different?
I think it is different this time. Ordinarily the big clubs do the blackmailing behind closed doors to get their way. This is very public and I doubt City would risk the reputational damage just to gain financial leverage. If mere financial leverage is the aim then we won't go through with it, but it means that we can never attempt it again if we want leverage in future.

It's about the Americans grabbing football. Plain and simple and they've done it by playing on the most base human emotion/instinct....greed.
But what I mean is do the Americans not simply want more out of UEFA with regards to the new CL format? And are using the super league threat to get it, like they have done before? Or is this different to the last time they brought up the super league? It just feels like a power play to me, and not something that is actually going to happen. Time will tell I guess.

Bollocks. Neville is a fucking cünt. If Sky had the rights to it he'd be bigging it up. Fucking dirty sky little Rag vermin twat.

He's a cünt. Always has been and always will be. Don't believe the fucking hype. Fuck all to do with football and everything to do with his current employers.
Fair enough - I'd not considered that angle.

But what I mean is do the Americans not simply want more out of UEFA with regards to the new CL format? And are using the super league threat to get it, like they have done before? Or is this different to the last time they brought up the super league? It just feels like a power play to me, and not something that is actually going to happen. Time will tell I guess.
I actually agree. All about money.

Why are we getting involved then?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.