The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
What are the chances of City changing their minds on this. If we're on board due to pragmatism, and we see it's going to fail, surely we exit?

I can't see how it can get off the ground because it's not feasible as a league in its own right. It is feasible as a addition to the domestic league. And we are not going to be able to play in a domestic league.

To use an indelicate metaphor, when you suck the devil‘s cock you can‘t complain too loudly about a bit of spillage.

We football fans have variously accepted the formation of the PL, the rush to foreign players and managers, invasion by sometimes dubious foreign owners, the power of TV companies, the obsession with sponsorship, obscene wages, parasitic millionaire agents, globalisation, monetisation and sanitisation of the matchday experience. All these developments have taken clubs miles away from Joe Public and meaningful local connections. We sold our souls long ago.

Many of those developments put City where we are today, not least unbelievable injections of capital. We now rub shoulders with clubs who once laughed at us.

Much as I dislike the current proposals, they are the logical evolution of the beast we helped to nurture.

I understand the angst. I even share some of it. However, IMO the club and fans would best use their efforts to seriously amend the most repugnant elements, and in particular the shameful closed shop.

I would imagine that when the 'silencer cheques' arrive in the post of most the pundits and players so against this all the animosity and anger will evaporate in the press. Only fans can stop this now, everyone else' rage is temporary and for sale.

Where are these consumers from? We struggle to sell out CL knockout games, and NS expansion plans clearly on hold based on the lack of take up for cup games etc, and thats just us. Ok you might be able to flog games in London to tourists, but what about Milan? They don't even sell out their biggest league games now let alone what would be ultimately be a friendly league. You need sell out games to make the most TV money, simple as that.

I'm assuming that they are banking on fuller stadiums because every game is a blockbuster and they are going to revamp the match day experience to be more USA...

I don't understand this.

Please point me to the fan who enjoys seeing his/her side go 12 wins, 15 losses and 11 draws versus 27 wins, 5 losses and 6 draws.

These clubs will be leaving their domestic leagues to play in the Super League, or they'll be binned off (almost certainly the former). That's the goal here -- it's a replacement for the leagues AND CL, not just CL.
In 2016 Portugals record in the Euros was 1 win, 6 draws inside of 90 minutes.

90% of the fans of United, Barca, Liverpool etc are glory hunters. If they win the 'Super League' they wont care.

its going to take one big pair of balls to come out and say this is all wrong we are going to withdraw, when one has im sure others will,city and chelsea are the ones who should take the lead here,get together and do it jointly but end this fucking madness
You have to hope/imagine that there’s relatively frantic calls going on in boardrooms right now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.