The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Admittedly I haven't read every comment on this thread so I would be happy to be corrected. Having read the club's statement it looks to be the breakaway clubs are in conflict with the Champions League/EUFA, nothing else so far as the club's are concerned. An organisation that has been vindictive towards City for a decade and creamed off the majority of the revenues from the CL. City and the others are still looking to play in the PL or their respective national leagues. The threat against us doing that comes from EUFA who want to hang onto their cash cow and the PLteams not involved. This includes several who very recently wanted us docked points/chucked out etc. What's so wrong with City continuing with the PL and an alternative competition to the CL and one that EUFA have no control over?

If this does go ahead does it mean our financial advantage over most of the other clubs included is wiped out? Debt-ridden Barca and Real suddenly clear, and even Spuds and Arse able to spend £120m on one player? Or hopefully because I only skim read most things I’ve misunderstood something, as usual.
Semper. My understanding is the loan (bribe) comes with conditions and the allocation of the £3.5b is not equal amongst founding clubs. One condition does appear to be that the money is used on infrastructure. Look at who that suits best.... whose got the most run down stadia?

if I’m correct all it might do for City is throw money in the pot to upgrade facilities or build new ones. As ours are amongst the best in the World and as owner investment has never been a major obstacle doesn’t do much for us. You can bet that the old FFP rule where you could benefit from owner investment if the money making facility was in proximity to the ground will be reviewed. Who knows we may end up mothballing the concert hall. Whatever happens we will be shafted In any new arrangement.

Time to panic and exit fast.

I reject the idea that we can't exit seeing as we are only pragmatic entrants only. This is a Man Utd/Livepool/ Real Madrid/Juve baby. We are invitees to give it credibility.

Kill it, exit and salvage what little reputation we have.

We're supposed to be super smart, super adept operators. Well see how the land lies and realise this is not happening.
Then do what? Watch all of our players walk out the door for the super league and we get stuck playing against Shaktar, Marseille and fucking Porto for the next 20yrs whilst all the big teams are in the super league. What planet are you on fella?

That was the tipping point for me too

Where is the moral high ground when the only choices appear to be get in bed with UEFA or get in bed with the cartel? No one supported us when we had our battle with UEFA even when the evidence of corruption was "clear and organised." Most clubs couldn't wait to dance on our graves. Even after we won at CAS we were still derided. Perhaps we could have tried to sit on the fence on this one but we still would have been slaughtered. We will never get goodwill from the "footballing public" They have hated us since we had success with foreign owners.
Clubs like Sheffield United, Aston Villa and Leeds have done nothing to deserve this shit frlm us and our accomplices. Gutted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.