The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
You can't take a steaming dump on their competition and then expect to still be allowed to play in it. That is what annoys me the most. We worked so hard to establish ourselves as a Champions League side, we even went to court to fight to play in it, our players and manager have worked so hard to get to the semi finals and line up a potential cracker of a tie against PSG and then in the course of a single weekend those in charge have thrown that work away.
You can if you walk away. Why not? We're only in it because we fear if it happens it will leave us with nothing but it looks like it's dead.

I hope we do get booted out...

A quick play off between Liepzig and Atalanta to decide who plays PSG, Porto vs Dortmund in the other semi

Liepzig may yet be a bit close to this superleague...

Could still get messy

City -- and all the other clubs in the SL -- will bin off their domestic leagues as soon as practical, or will be binned off (I suspect the former). SL 1.0 is a simple precursor to SL 2.0 -- a closed 20 (maybe 24) team league which will play on weekends and replace both the CL and the domestic leagues.
Surely that is speculation? I could just as easily say City would recognise the fans desire to maintain national league rivalries and limit their breakaway to the alternative to the CL?

Admittedly I haven't read every comment on this thread so I would be happy to be corrected. Having read the club's statement it looks to be the breakaway clubs are in conflict with the Champions League/EUFA, nothing else so far as the club's are concerned. An organisation that has been vindictive towards City for a decade and creamed off the majority of the revenues from the CL. City and the others are still looking to play in the PL or their respective national leagues. The threat against us doing that comes from EUFA who want to hang onto their cash cow and the PLteams not involved. This includes several who very recently wanted us docked points/chucked out etc. What's so wrong with City continuing with the PL and an alternative competition to the CL and one that EUFA have no control over?
The elite clubs tried and failed having us kicked out of Europe by FFP

These elite clubs ask us to join in with them as we are not going anywhere and are prepared to fight injustice

And guess what we jump in with popular ones and become one of those we fought against

Piss poor City

Shame on you

The government could kill this instantly. Just inform the greedy six that the income from the Soccer Super League will be subject to a 100% super tax. Job done and labour have just proposed it in the Commons.
They may have done, but they can just offshore income like 98 of the FTSE100 companies.

It's the same statement on all the ESL clubs.

I believe City privately hope it fails. Man Utd, Livepool and Arsenal thought to be the ones who have driven this and City to weak to stand our ground.

I'm hoping for a super-fast exit. Surely the PL and UEFA would be super happy to see the potential PL champions exit this, and would be accommodating.

Universal horror with this. I don't much care for the CL but it's the end of the link to domestic competition that saddens me and the suggestion of no relegation/invitation to founding members. That jus means no competition.
Theres little to nothing for City to gain from this. Besides Perez, Kroenke and Glazer are said to be driving this the hardest. Its ludicrous, mismanage a club to mediocrity then pitch for a get out of jail free card forever. Turn sport into reality TV.

Quite how we have managed to announce this with some of the most important games in our history, that we've put at direct threat, is another practical point that I can't wrap my head around, besides the morality of it.
Khaldoon al Mubarak. Back out and speak.

You've got very limited time but a lot to gain.

Not convinced this is the type of thing that you take back, the reputational damage is done. Might best to push on and hope for the best. I get you lot despise UEFA, and rightly so, but your bedfellows sure are strange. :>

Oh, and EPL could chuck all 6 out, but would they? Greedy buggers on all sides, so unlikely surely

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.