The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
can i ask the question ?

what if the top 6 clubs backers said ok then we will not spend a penny more in football. even sell your club and get back all the money we have invested in football ? what levels of debts would be left. i think city could be the worst place of the clubs could be like leeds a fire sale

You don't have too believe anything.

I do believe the person who told me.
I can't believe that we signed up to a euro super league after being given 20 minutes hard sell and a pen shoved under our nose.
The chaps that run City have shown they are shrewd.
These kind of decisions are months in the making, literally months. Years even.
Fine details will have been sorted out before documents hit a sports lawyers desk, who incidently will have been pouring over EPL, FA, UEFA, FIFA and European regulations to ensure the plan was not a massive pie in the sky!!!
So no, I'm not buying the "quickly pushed into it" line.

The only thing worse than being invited to join a break away Super League is not being invited to join a break away Super League.

City had no realistic option other than to jump with the rest. Same with Chelsea. Besides, from the owners point of view, getting to be a permanent member of an elite super league with guaranteed cash rolling in from streaming, merchandising and god knows what else, probably didn’t involve that much arm twisting.

An NFL franchise league will be created and it will be popular. It isn’t for me personally, but for City there was only one realistic choice and they took it.
Rubbish. It’s dead

I cant stand Klopp but at least he said its good Leicester and West Ham could be in the Champs league.He also said he didnt change his mind on super league.
You cant expect him to come out and commit professional suicide.
Yes we can, same with Pep, if these guys are the people that we thought they were they'd be in the media now, demanding either it gets abandoned or they go.

These guys are multi millionaires, they don't need the money. The thing they have got is reputation and integrity, and that is priceless.

I've walked out of well paid gigs a couple of times on matters of principle, and I'm not wealthy but sometimes you have a decision to make about who you are.

As well as killing the Carabao and the CL, this proposal puts a massive hole in the PL, assuming the rebel clubs are allowed to stay in it. Whilst there may or may not be a sub-plot each season as other clubs seek to gain scraps from the table, once one of the big 6 are out of the title race they have nothing to play for. They're back in the Super League next season even if they finish 15th. Can you imagine the TV companies wanting to pay for that?

I think this is much about costs as it is income. There is an inflationary pressure on wages if you are one of 6 big clubs with no guarantee of CL football, competing with each other to get one of the golden tickets. The guarantees that come with the SL mean you don't have to gamble on wages. Rather than gambling to get yourself in the CL, I suspect it also means that the clubs can look to act as a cartel and suppress their wage bills. After all, all you're now competing for is "glory".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.