The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
What with the UEFA badge on it?
Never thought I'd see the day that City fans came out unanimously in support of UEFA!
This isn’t about UEFA the FA the Premier league, or a badge on a t-shirt, this is about my football club being whored around the world to the highest bidder at the expense of your average fan, and the rest of football, with potentially our greatest season torn to shreds by a bunch of crooks..... is that unanimous enough

So saddened by this.
It's been a month of losses. Getting knocked out of the FA Cup was one, albeit the least of them. A week ago we lost a beloved family member after a long illness, and now I only have two people back in Manchester who are still on this earth. City's decision to join this greedy gang adds to the sorrow. Except for two siblings City has been the longest relationship of my life and it looks like that's going too. I've met Bert Trautmann, seen promotions, relegations, false dawns, F.A. Cup wins & losses, Aguerooo, and recently ten years of near perfect football. I think Guardiola won't take well to this "super league", he's been happy in Manchester precisely because the league is so competitive and he won't want to be involved with a thing that's more about money than glory. I'd imagined local lad Phil Foden in the next ten years holding up trophy after trophy, yes even the quadruple, as City's captain, and that bright future looks less likely now. So i think I'll retreat even further into the past and go back to reading those dusty old articles about City by Eric Todd of the Manchester Guardian and re-live Bobby Johnstone's diving headed goal in the '55 Cup Final which I foolishly tried to copy on the concrete in the school playground.

I think this is starting to collapse. It’s on the edge.
No it's not. The clubs knew the backlash they would get. The PL teams tomorrow will agree that the big 6 will continue in the league and continue to help line their pockets

It will come down to Super League v UEFA

That's just shite. The PL would collapse if they binned off the 6 clubs. The big broadcasting deal would be fucked right off and without that money the vast majority of clubs in the PL would go under.

There will be plenty going on in the next few weeks. I'd be surprised if UEFA weren't in discussions already to see what could be done to stop this, top of that list being guaranteed places for certain teams.
If the super league goes ahead then the premier league brand is effectively dead anyway. They have nothing to lose by kicking us out.

it would be a start, but in my opinion I feel completely let down by the club. I’m struggling to get past how our owner/s have acted

Owners have definitely flushed a sizable amount of trust and goodwill with the fans down the crapper, come what may.

If City claw this back, apologise and put in place systems whereby fan opinion actually means a damn, then I know that would be more than enough for me to forgive it. Forgetting, however, is another story.

it would be a start, but in my opinion I feel completely let down by the club. I’m struggling to get past how our owner/s have acted

It is pretty much done for me, sadly. Never felt like this before, rightly or wrongly.

Even an apology, they have been planning this for months with clandestine meetings. It would not change what their real values are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.