The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
I've never been sure what our relationship with UEFA has been if we're looking for a simplistic narrative. I think it's complicated and tempestuous. From the outside I would say that City have a fairly cordial relationship with Aleks Ceferin. The difficulties with the organisation appear to have been motivated by pressure being applied by the people with whom we now find ourselves in alliance.

I agree. We’ve jumped into bed with our real enemies instead of seeing power vacuum left and taken that opportunity to be a real powerhouse within uefa.

I don’t like uefa but this is worse.

Shows exactly where we are and what we will be in this grand scheme: supporting cast, the football equivalent of the team of white guys who got leathered by the Harlem Globetrotters every week
What the fuck were we thinking signing up with these wankers?

I've been told and told we've shrewd businessmen in charge....what the fuck were we thinking signing up with these wankers?

If just one of those quotes from the Real tosser is true....what the fuck were we thinking signing up with these wankers?

I wouldn't be shocked to see a walk back from City next couple days, much as I thought it impossible.

Uefa were speaking to us yesterday and it sounds like we may have been offered something to break away from the breakaway.

Football politics, eh?

Also, keep an eye on Infantino. We are much more closely aligned to him and even discussed a Super League of sorts with him which would have seen Soft Bank put up the funds, a firm Abu Dhabi has a big stake in.
Oooh you fucker. How dare you give us hope right now!

Bang on, they’ve seriously underestimated the strength of feeling against this farce and the momentum against ot will just gather pace, i honestly think it’s dead in the water already, this has galvanised every right thinking football supporter, i know greed is a strong emotion bit how could so many so called clever businessmen get it so badly wrong.
Hope you're right about it being dead in the water already.

Why would the PL be pointless? The CL will still exist. There are 230+ member clubs in the ECA. If anything the CL will now become fairer and not so top heavy. The likes of Aston Villa, West Ham, etc will qualify for CL and can play against Bayern, Dortmund, Napoli, etc. The big 6 will play in a separate competition which people are free to completely ignore.

Again....

Derby Day on Saturday, City vs United competing in a match that has over a hundred years history and is a battle for local bragging rights, a source of real pride in your football club.

Three days later however City & United have games in the ESL worth millions of pounds if they win them and quite frankly, the result in the PL doesn't really matter as they'll both be in the ESL next year anyway. So, both clubs get their heads together and agree to field their reserve teams in the derby.

Who is going to watch that game? Who is going to give a single fuck about the result?

Bang on, they’ve seriously underestimated the strength of feeling against this farce and the momentum against ot will just gather pace, i honestly think it’s dead in the water already, this has galvanised every right thinking football supporter, i know greed is a strong emotion bit how could so many so called clever businessmen get it so badly wrong.
Ask yourself what the target market has made of the announcement, because that’s not you, me or Derek down the road, it’s not even Francois, Giuseppe or Carlos....and their numbers are hugely enticing for those without an innate love of the game.

Edit: Ouch, did not notice your name was. Carlos :)

Oliver Holt (@OllieHolt22) Tweeted:
Hearing the first cracks may be beginning to appear in the ugly, misshapen edifice of the ESL. Told two English clubs are close to losing their nerve.

Come on City do the right thing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.