The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but the people that hold all the power here are the TV companies. The SL falls flat on its face if the TV companies won't stump up cash in huge amounts to cover it.

I wonder what discussions (in both camps) have been had with Sky, BT, Bein, Fox etc?

Lots of misinformation floating about, there's a few things to consider.

1. City are not leaving the Premierleague (unless thrown out which is highly unlikely).
2. The UEFA CL will still exist.
3. We're quitting the UEFA competition and swapping to ESL (don't recall United being persecuted for trying the European cup).
4. The ESL clubs have already submitted court orders against the "blockers" of this idea, like FIFA & UEFA.

All this City must turn back will not happen. I don't like the closed shop idea either, but one by one the big clubs will arrive in the ESL (Bayern/PSG etc) and the CL will wither on the vine.
A clever post and I think similar.

Its not about being anti PL, its about being anti UEFA and CL.

For anyone who missed the Perez press conference last night you need to check out the things he said here:

I thought it was a joke account at first but unfortunately not. I promise your jaw will drop.

The guy isn’t all there and this is OUR future President!

He makes it clear that this is all to save Real Madrid and Barca.

He cant remember which teams are in the ESL.

He says that younger people are bored with football so they might shorten the length of games.

He then outright insults City and United comparing us unfavourably to RM and Barca.

PSG were never invited

We are saving football

It isn’t a closed shop as sometimes other teams will be invited for a season

These are just a few of the amazing things he said go and check them all. If he had said that some matches would be played on the moon I wouldn’t have blinked.

If they are so stupid to do that interview you have got to think the whole ESL will be shambolic and a huge mistake for anyone in it.

If this doesn’t alter City’s decision nothing will. They were nice to us right up until we signed and are already marginalising us.

Last edited:
We don’t know our motivation because our execs have gone to ground and we have to rely on Glazer’s comments on our website for our information. Quite shocking. What we do know is that it’s a closed shop, and nobody else can join it. Ten years ago we would have been outside looking in. Sporting competition is gone. So what’s the point in playing 38 exhibition matches and dumping our domestic cups and possibly even league.
It’s disrespect in the extreme that they use a Glazer’s words on our club website. They (our board) come across very poorly doing this. Makes them look like shithouses, makes them look like they don’t care about or don’t understand our fanbase.

People can make mistakes. Especially under huge pressure. Not one of us is perfect. Would you rather we stayed in and didn't bat an eye lid? Or prefer to choose to hold our hands up and admit we got it wrong and will try to do better for the sake of everyone else ?
This is exactly what we should do.. pull out now.
Just say we've looked at this and decided it's not what city should do we are staying where we are even though UEFA tried to fuck us over.

Fair point. Maybe they just realise after repeated attempts to fuck us that it isn't going to work, and therefore better to have us in the tent pissing out, than the other way around?
There's more than that I'd say. There are two clubs more than any others you'd want in this scheme and that's us and PSG. Because we're the only two clubs whose owners have access to unimaginable swathes of cash, instead of having to mortgage all this revenue you're earning to a bank.

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but the people that hold all the power here are the TV companies. The SL falls flat on its face if the TV companies won't stump up cash in huge amounts to cover it.

I wonder what discussions (in both camps) have been had with Sky, BT, Bein, Fox etc?

I imagine Amazon and Netflix will be all over this. It's a huge opportunity for them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.