The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Wheres Pep? where’s Klopp? they don’t give a fuck about you and me, all we have is this site - and they don’t listen -the post above is 100% correct. they’re taking our game away from us - what about the other loteams and their ambitions? I thought we were making a stand -we are no better than Liverpool or ManU.

THIS...Trust in Khaldoon, Soriano and the Sheikh is irreparably destroyed.

Pep hides away with his 23 million a year - I’ a Blue, but I’m ashamed to be today.
Imagine blaming Pep

I think the closed shop is possibly the main aspect that the 12 greedys have done this for... probably the last thing that might be changed
It’s not. It’s money. Real, Barca, Atletico, Juve, City and Chelsea qualify almost every single year anyway. I genuinely think that if UEFA offered an oil branch of sorts financially whilst keeping the competitive integrity of the competition by ensuring that clubs would have to qualify on merit these clubs would agree.

The closed shop aspect will have no doubt been pushed by the American owners of United, Arsenal and to a lesser extent Liverpool, as the competition for CL football is too fierce in the PL. 4 spots for 6+ teams so there’s always a couple of “big” teams who will miss out.

Naturally it also suits Milan, Inter and Spurs but it will have been driven by the Americans.

This super league is nothing but a typical US franchise.

They don't care who joins the league because they can relocate clubs if the owners wish. 2 clubs in Manchester, wouldn't be surprised if one of us moves to Germany considering none of those clubs wish to join.

Hard to think about the possibilities.

From the BBC....

Fan groups associated with all six English clubs involved in the European Super League proposal are strongly opposed.

Liverpool supporters' group Spirit of Shankly (SOS) said it was "appalled" by the decision of Fenway Sports Group, the club's US-based owner. In a social media post, SOS said: "FSG have ignored fans in their relentless and greedy pursuit of money. Football is ours, not theirs. Our football club is ours not theirs."

Chelsea Supporters' Trust called the move "unforgivable" and said its members and "football supporters across the world have experienced the ultimate betrayal".

The Arsenal Supporters' Trust called the club's agreement to join "the death of Arsenal as a sporting institution", while Manchester City's Official Supporters Club said the move showed "those involved have zero regard for the game's traditions", adding it was "determined to fight against this proposed Super League".

The Manchester United Supporters' Trust had earlier said the proposals were "completely unacceptable" and the ESL "goes against everything football, and Manchester United, should stand for".

Tottenham Hotspur Supporters' Trust said the ESL was a "concept driven by avarice and self-interest at the expense of the intrinsic values of the game we hold so dear".

SSN reported a while ago what we all thought. City would be happy for this to fail but feel compelled to join for fear of losing out.

LIverpool and Man Utd are the English clubs driving this and they moved the goalposts (my interpretation). I don't see why City didn't refuse because I think it fails anyway. Perhaps we are keeping a foot in both camps. We make it clear that we are not in favour and let Utd and Liverpool take the heat, and if they succeed then we get the money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.