The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Honest question:

When the PL was formed, it made rich people aware of the worldwide attraction. Loads of PL clubs invited foreign owners. The PL became by far the richest and best watched league in the world. Making it even more attractive to oversees billionaires. The fans loved it. Nobody cared who had the power.
Now some of these billionaires see fit a way to make even more money.

Haven’t we as in PL clubs and fans, simply sold our soul to the devil?
Doesn’t it make the emotional reaction from the media and fans somehow fickle?

Hello my friend,

I think it kind of does: it is one logical extension of what has gone before.

I'm a football romantic and traditionalist in many ways; in fact, I've never liked on that basis the fact we have a Premier League and then the Football League but life, business etc moves on.

The idea City would or should pass on an invite to join an elite league of 11 of the biggest clubs in world football and as a founder member is pure fantasy.

The idea that City would jump into bed with the five signatories of that infamous letter, who tried everything in their power to fuck us over once and for all, is worse.

You can harp on all day about how great it must feel to be the rags in blue, but I'm not buying it. The Super League is a load of shite, the rich positioning themselves in a place to get richer and have no threat of relegation, while shutting out any chance their power could shift to other clubs based on merit or effort. It's bollocks.

This whole situation is slimey as fuck and if this is what City are now then I'm out. You and the 98 others can sit back and feel some sense of pride as our manager picks the under 21s for the weekend's meaningless Premier League clash - assuming the League simply don't dump us.

But is the ESL really a competition?
No. It may as well be a touring production of Strictly come Dancing, with a faux 'competition', a lttle token trophy for the winners who will be showered in glitter and confetti and then go for drinks with all the other players at the wrap party. The tourist in the seats will love it as they get to see their favourite dancer/player. They'll probably set up a voting system (texts costs 50p plus your standing network charge folks) so you can vote for the best outfit, or maybe you can vote for who gets in next seasons production.
Can't wait.

Well it won't be the best 15 clubs in Europe and 5 from a fair play system. It will be 5 that can at least attempt to compete.
It will be the 5 that will consider joining up permanently so they can close the door.

It isn’t a competition based on merit it’s a show. The ESL don’t care if they can compete or not in fact it would be better for them if the invited clubs finished bottom.

With regards to what Tolmie posted, just imagine if this agreement in principle from ourselves was hatched with us to then leak the intention of its creation, forcing the instigators to resign and leave their UEFA/ECA positions, show the clubs involved true colours to the world

All whilst still meeting with ceferin to say - we are not the enemy, look at what your supposed glory clubs have done

We then pull out leaving this lot pissing into the wind

fingers crossed

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.