The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Business stability which is driven by money Bob. These owners are very wealthy and most are not prepared to put their own cash into the clubs hence they want a bigger slice of the pie.

Yes, they want a guaranteed return on their investment, the ESL concept gives them that guarantee. Mansour is no different. The only difference would be accepting a longer timeframe to see that return than your average venture capitalist.

Silver Lake, an American equity fund, bought a 10% share in CFG. You reckon they were buying in for the romance or a healthy return on that investment? How do you think they would react if City passed on an invite to join a franchise model with 11 of the biggest clubs in world football and a guaranteed £350m sign on payment?

Salford shouldn't have a chance of playing european football at all, he is bypassing decades of hard work from other teams simply because he can pay bigger wages and attract players that normally wouldn't look at League 2 twice.
Just a tad hypocritical that, IMO.
Exactly the same things he wants to moan about each week on the TV.
And I haven't heard him moaning about clubs' spending at all. In fact I've heard him defending our spending as being entirely justified and the only way for us to break into the top level.

Our new leader...

Florentino Perez: "When Madrid and Barcelona play, the world stops. It's a luxury that we have here. When Manchester United and City play that doesn't happen."

Florentino Perez: "Us, big clubs, we will get a lot of money, then we will distribute it to everyone. But first we need the money.

Florentino Perez: "This isn't a battle for money, this is a battle for football. We're trying to save football, and some people don't care because it's not in their financial interest."

Florentino Perez: "We might have to make the football match shorter if it's not interesting"

Florentino Perez: "Small clubs' survival depend on us, and this will be good for them

Florentino Perez: "We will hire some of the best referees in the world."

Florentino Perez: "Barcelona are going through a difficult economic situation, Laporta immediately understood and accepted like all the great clubs in the world. This Super League will save the entire world of football"

Florentino Perez: "This change, we owe it to all the fans."

Florentino Perez: "The UEFA president INSULTED Agnelli today, and that is UNACCEPTABLE

Florentino Perez: "They can't kick us out from this season's #UCL

Florentino Perez: "Our players will NOT be banned from the World Cup. I guarantee it. They can be 100% certain of it.

Florentino Perez: "All I do is for the good of football."

Florentino Perez: "Here at Real Madrid, we lost a lot of money and we are in a very bad situation."
Our new bosom buddy and bestest fwend who wants nothing but the best for Manchester City!

I can see this new league being a none starter.There is clearly a mountain of pressure on these 12 clubs to reconsider & If one team makes a u turn then others will follow.

I don't boo them because I'm not a child. Many, many other City fans in the same boat.

We have a choice between working with an organisation we don't like or destroying football.

Easy call for me.
I see it is already a closed shop, if West Ham were to qualify for CL they have two choices. Invest heavily to compete with the likes of us and PSG, and risk a Leeds style collapse if it turns to shit or hope they finish third and get the Thursday night cup. A quick look at the winners of the CL for the last twenty years shows the lack of any real competition.

Interesting points but when politicians are involved things can change. Already we have our government saying no foreign players will be given visas to play in the ESL. I don’t know if they would follow through but they could do that in a day.
How can they legally justify visa denial for one football competition but not for another one?

I think we'll find that politicians will be powerless to stop this and, whilst any prominent dissent against this is helpful, you can't help but feel that an unpopular government were never going to let this opportunity go to waste.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.