The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
All true bud but these so called clubs have tried to destroy city. Or at the very least gave their approval. So I ask the question? Why did these clubs turn against us with the backing of uefa? Yet we now have to save them? It don’t sit right with me. Maybe it is petty.
It’s about saving a game that is part of most our families and history for over 100 years. Fuck what clubs also owned by rich selfish twats tried to do in a vote against us a few months ago. This is about the genuine people who love the game at any level. It’s not about the twats that own us and the other big clubs.

I don't deny it, but you're talking about him jettisoning all the good will built up since the take over for this when, ostensibly, the club were progressing just fine thankyouverymuch.

That said, if you put it down to simply the Sheikh cashing in, then that's all the more reason for fans to resist.
Progressing fine up until the point the biggest teams in the world form their own tournament and leave us on the outside playing against Astra Giuigi and Ludogrets in the CL...
Plus there are no "permanent members" of the Premier League.
Not on paper but do you ever see any of the "6" getting relegated?

I guess we have all forgotten that when it looks ropey the rags will make the CL, all of a sudden PiGMOL step in and oh, a top 4 place appears. If you don't think there is a concerted effort to keep the current hierachy in the prem you are deluded, yes we have an anamoly such as Leicester, chances of that happening again? next to none.

All true bud but these so called clubs have tried to destroy city. Or at the very least gave their approval. So I ask the question? Why did these clubs turn against us with the backing of uefa? Yet we now have to save them? It don’t sit right with me. Maybe it is petty.
The same clubs that did everything in their power to keep us out have allowed us to join their group but only if we agree to give any other clubs that might have aspirations an even worse kicking than we got. Even at that level, and removed from the footballing rivalry, I wouldn't trust the Glazers and Woodward as far as I can throw them, and we've hopped into bed with them.

Apparently there is genuine concern about the younger generation not being into football as much. They all care about the star players and bigger teams. Is that because EA’s FIFA is so big now?

Could argue that there’s also so much focus put on the bigger teams that it makes the smaller clubs even less likely to get support. How many kids now would support Oldham over City or Utd?

Also feedback that the matches are too long and there’s too many boring games.

I’d argue ticket prices have had a bigger impact on many youngsters not going to games as much as they used to. If they’re not in the habit of going to games early on then they might never get into it but many families just can’t afford to go or feel the money is better spent on something else.

Nah, the kids will take to this new league.

be the older fans who won't

This is just about pure greed, I am pretty sure that all the owners of these six clubs are billionaires, so how much money do they actually need and how low they are prepared to stoop to get it is utterly staggering. .

They are, but their club businesses arw in huge dept that needs repaid, and the only way to do that is by cashing in now on even more debt, and hoping that becomes 'sustainable'. It is adding a whole big blow of fresh new hot air to an already massive bubble.

The ESL different than whats gone before, its the end of football as a sport as we know it, and its the beginning of football as n americanised franchised entertainment.

Thats what you missed... or maybe you want that?

If so fair enough, but its not for me.

It's not what I want but I see professional sport for what it is, a business.

Everton having their say

Different tone to their press release about the postponement of our game with them following our COVID outbreak where the couldn’t even find the good grace to wish us a speedy recovery. Self interested twats spinning their own message

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.