The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
THey have done it.

There'll be legalling binding agreements. You can't just wake up one day and think, oh I'll think I will have a change of scene.

Who cares anyway. Football was well down this route anyway. What is the difference between the new format CL and the ESL. Just a small matter of degree
Perez is chatting nonsense, no paperwork has been sent off yet.

People might scoff at this but I’m starting to think we’re not going to hear from the owners at all. At this rate, this tournament is simply going to happen without any sort of presentation.

Neither we nor Chelsea were part of this deal - originally.

Our - and Chelsea's - biggest mistake - is misjudging just how unpopular the Superleague would be. Instinct told both clubs not to participate - but under pressure both clubs agreed to join.

Rue our management on these terms if you will - but it's miles apart from the complicity of the owners of the scum and of the scouse - who were -and are - 100% backers of the Superleague.
Says who?

THey have done it.

There'll be legalling binding agreements. You can't just wake up one day and think, oh I'll think I will have a change of scene.

Who cares anyway. Football was well down this route anyway. What is the difference between the new format CL and the ESL. Just a small matter of degree

The difference between 34 spots earned on merit and 5 is more than "a small matter of degree". If this happens then domestic leagues become close to irrelevant.

There seems a lot of cards being shuffled with rumours of UEFA looking at higher funding. Interesting Pep throws in comments that he trusts the club then says we can't have a league that has no meaning for success or failure, as he seems unconcerned with his own club hierarchy, putting the onus on the key figures at play in ESL and UEFA

We are looking at trade offs in a high risk game of poker where the winners are likely to be the dirty dozen where UEFA and their associations will cede ground eventually and the 12 will abandon the Super League with more control of the way UEFA is run and crucially for the red faction and Europeans more money.

Obviously there is collateral damage but the organisations of 12 probably believe it is a price worth paying.

The fans are an afterthought in all this, they don't need Mancunians anymore, they want Mumbaians and Mombosans. Manchester City as we know it is no more when we enter this league, within three seasons they will be playing games abroad. It's really saddening but inevitable. I think the super league needs to happen at this point but they cannot remain in the domestic set up, no half way house, go now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.