The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
I just want to bump my original post from yesterday morning and bold my prediction. A part of me, which I have kept deep down thinks that we signed up because we had no other choice (a loose, loose) but the truth is will anybody ever know and I can sleep easy knowing this. Am I pissed off that this has happened in the first place? Yes! Do I feel we should have signed up with them? No!
Mud will be thrown from pillar to post and guess what, at some point when it has all settled the finger will eventually come back on us and Chelsea with the whole new money and if it wasn't for these clubs blah blah blah bollocks.
But the beauty of all of this is that at this moment in time, the fans, players, managers, pundits, media have all turned on their beloved owners and it is fan fucking tastic.
Where does this now leave these do called remaining elite 4 in England now? They don't have a business model that works and they need the extra investment and revenue which from this new league, has proved.
Can united fans forgive the Glazers again? What will happen to at the wheel Ole? not a lot probably because he's a yes man. The players, there's a lot of "influencers" with "values" there.
Liverpool - Klopp: as much I dislike the man he very much a man of the fans, will he leave at the end of the season? 50/50 in my opinion. Players like Sir Henderson has already committed to rounding the troops, no going back from that now, its out there. James 'Let's run my contract down and sign a massive bonus (greedy bastard cough hypocrite cough)' Milner has already come out publicly. Yanks won't like this. Yesterday it was already out the owners had cancelled meetings, stopped anything to do with the new league etc, more will follow from this I'm sure.
Arsenal - Haven't heard much from them and to be honest they are that irrelevant as a club it's a joke they were in it.
Spurs - Can't even be bothered. Other than they are a yes club and that they just follow suit and want to join in, all they have is the NFL links. So I'm not interested at all unless they are looking for a buyer.
It's going to be a pretty interesting remaining 3 days to the week. In particular with the media and how they portray it. Let's not forget who their allegiances lie with here and who they cater for the masses with.

one thing for sure they’ll be spending fuck all on players especially spurs and Arsenal who have to payback around 150m by end of may! Where’s the money going to come from?

Maybe I am missing something, but why are people treating the decision to exit a coup at the last minute as a PR win?
They are falling for club PR spin, slowly the club will leak out stories to try to make the fans see them in a better light, it does not wash with me, this was a monumental error if judgment and the silence is appalling.

The more I think about it the more I think that we have played a blinder..

Whatever everyone thinks of our owners, one thing they are not is stupid..

In one stroke we have removed most if not all of the twats from UEFA who regularly wanted to royally shaft us..

We've then destabilised all the American owned clubs in one go, resignations left, right and centre incoming..

Sure we're going to cop for some shit ourselves but we were last in and first out and completely cleared the decks for us going forward..

You can't make an omlette without cracking a few eggs..!

Take our medicine and move on..

In the meantime, the rags, dippers, tarquins and spuds are financially fucked big time..!
Excellent post!
It’s a case of double bluff.
I trust our management knew what they were doing all along.
It wasn’t about making the owner money (hardly as if he needs it) it was about protecting the interests of the club whilst shafting the others.
Football politics is more complicated than most of us can ever imagine and I continue to trust those who run us.
Some here have v short memories...

They are falling for club PR spin, slowly the club will leak out stories to try to make the fans see them in a better light, it does not wash with me, this was a monumental error if judgment and the silence is appalling.
As you say, its not put anyone in a good light, and it is noted fans from all clubs are quoting "my club has pulled a blinder!" line, as some are unable to see fault where it clearly lies.

The truth will out (possibly, but probably not) at some point, but this whole farce is mostly on Perez for me.

Yes they did, and I was not going to go down the road of throwing flares at the stadium and sticking the middle finger up at the badge, or ironically placing a banner that says RIP MCFC, or coming on here and announcing my desolved support for the club, looking for new clubs and acting as though the last ten years - bought and paid for by our owner - didn't exist. The same owner who chose to place the club in a new competition. So regardless of what my personal opinions were of the competition, the morals behind it (lol), or anything else, I wasn't going to do anything other than back the club.
So money at all costs then?

Was think along the same lines.
City have a acted in my opinion out of character.
Being last in than first out, leaving the American clubs the ones that have tied to screw us over the last 10 years, in turmoil

Their big money get out of jail ESL is gone. Their fans have turned on them. Everyone with a brain can now see the danger these American owners are to our game.

I wonder if City and UEFA were in this together, both statements released within minutes of each other.

Perhaps I have my blue rose tinted glass on but i need an eye test !
I reckon it was Soriano who convinced us to join because he is money man he would of looked at the money that the other clubs were going to get and if it taken if as a club we would be left behind..

Maybe I am missing something, but why are people treating the decision to exit a coup at the last minute as a PR win?

Just 3 days ago, PR like this was unthinkable, absolutely unthinkable. The focus of the world is now on Arsenal, Liverpool and United as the drivers of this power grab. Our enemies are now in football’s crosshairs and we are getting articles suggesting we saved football? We’re not innocent in all of this but if that’s not a PR win, I don’t know what is!

The idea that we were ‘forced’ is absurd. We chose to go along with it. We could and should have said, ‘No, and further more we will fight you on it.’

Or - ‘No until you set up two divisions with promotion and relegation.’

No one can bully a Sovereign Wealth Fund and a leader of a rich oil state with all the lawyers in the world and a ruthless Secret Police to boot.

We weren’t forced, We chose and we chose so badly, apologies and maybe resignations are probably in order. Mistakes and misjudgements of this magnitude should have consequences at all the clubs involved.

We had no choice but to join according to some on here but we pulled out of it pretty damn quickly when the club realised they'd made a monumental fuck up.

Doesn't compute does it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.