The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
As you say, its not put anyone in a good light, and it is noted fans from all clubs are quoting "my club has pulled a blinder!" line, as some are unable to see fault where it clearly lies.

The truth will out (possibly, but probably not) at some point, but this whole farce is mostly on Perez for me.
Perez was the ring master, but we were the clowns in a very sad circus!

The more I think about it the more I think that we have played a blinder..

Whatever everyone thinks of our owners, one thing they are not is stupid..

In one stroke we have removed most if not all of the twats from UEFA who regularly wanted to royally shaft us..

We've then destabilised all the American owned clubs in one go, resignations left, right and centre incoming..

Sure we're going to cop for some shit ourselves but we were last in and first out and completely cleared the decks for us going forward..

You can't make an omlette without cracking a few eggs..!

Take our medicine and move on..

In the meantime, the rags, dippers, tarquins and spuds are financially fucked big time..!

Trying to make my mind up on this.

In your view then pal, why did we join in the first place? Why not just say no?

To be the first to leave / put pressure on the others to do the same?

Mate, we were part of the 6.

We could have told them to fuck off and be done with it.

We are also part of the problem.......
Exactly, We can't suddenly start saying "Oh we didn't start all this is what Liverpool and Man United they made us do it".

The owners have to accept the deserved backlash that comes their way and take it on the chin. Khaldoon did say before "If you make a bad decision you have to live with them".

An apology from the club now is so important to us fans.

We had no choice but to join according to some on here but we pulled out of it pretty damn quickly when the club realised they'd made a monumental fuck up.

Doesn't compute does it?
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ that's why we went in, Silverlake and the Chinese did not invest in this club for fun or football, this all started long before Sundays decision.

3 days ago 1 club, Manchester City, had absolutely no power in Europe. Now we have a little bit more and 11 others are now in the same boat as us or worse.
Was it intended? I really don't know, but the end result certainly makes it look like it was.
In effect, it's the ending to the Godfather and Godfather II films.

Last edited:

Just 3 days ago, PR like this was unthinkable, absolutely unthinkable. The focus of the world is now on Arsenal, Liverpool and United as the drivers of this power grab. Our enemies are now in football’s crosshairs and we are getting articles suggesting we saved football? We’re not innocent in all of this but if that’s not a PR win, I don’t know what is!
There is no positive PR for any of the clubs involved here, if you see it, its reflected internally from partisan sources. The only positive it what may occur due to this attempted coup.

You have had some, but its mainly jealousy driven and uniformly without merit nor substance. I am also sure its very intensified from the inside of the club (All coverage for fans clubs is felt keenly by fans)

Despite being a historic club you were clearly felt to be an outsider by 'Them Proper Clubs' but you muscled in and are now part of establishment (junior member ;) )

This formation of this ESL nonsense began the year after we (Leicester) won the league (Reported by The Times) so you may feel victimised, but your are not wholly unwelcome unlike clubs such as Leicester.
You need to really work hard to get this top 4 place this year. The more the apple cart is upset, the better!

JP Morgan won’t put that money up now... this is over.... the 4 left are fucked financially and are looking to save face but UEFA might hang them out to dry - that will head off any future manoeuvres by the old G14.
They will all be sold off before the end of the year, the Yanks will be all gone from our game, they have been seen for what they are, ASSET Strippers and opportunists.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.