The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
I hope so mate
It’s a tough one
I think they joined for fear of missing out
Essentially they probably felt if we were out it would be like being out of the champions league forever

sounds like they asked Chelsea and city at last minute to stop them from being able to do anything

I’m no happy clapper and the thought of a closed shop super league disgusts me.

But regards the club’s actions I’d like offer my option/play devils advocate based on what I’ve read in the last few days.

Based on what we’re lead to believe. City didn’t know about this until Thursday, we have been told by powers at Chelsea that they were sold a lie, so let’s assume we were sold the same lie.

We didn’t sign up until the last available second. There was breaking news at 5pm Sunday that FIVE clubs had signed up to the ESL. Let’s assume we weren’t in that 5.

So, at the very last minute we made a rush judgement and joined up. We signed up to a league that didn’t effect the premier league participation. Or so City were told.

The club were faced with a decision, do we side with the Super League? Why not? The clubs we were supposed to show solidarity with, the Everton’s, Leicester’s etc, They couldn’t wait to shaft us. The club will know our fan base was not happy with the hateful 8/9.

The club were also faced with the more prominent issue, do we side with UEFA or have a foot in the door for 23 years in the new breakaway competition. The club know we as a fan base despise UEFA and UEFA have continually tried to shaft us. So, it’s more than plausible to me, that the club thought a good portion of us would be quite happy to give a big fuck you to those who have continually tried to halt our progression by any means.

Then there’s the proposals from UEFA about their revised CL. We all knew they were planning to bend over for certain history clubs, which they have done.
Why would our owners think we as a fan base would be arsed if we gave UEFA a big fuck you?

Then as a club after making a rushed judgement late Sunday evening based on what we told and what we knew, less than 48 hours later after seeing what fans & football thought, we were preparing our exit. There were several credible leaks that we were wanting out less than 24 hours after joining.

The club made a mistake, but acted rapidly to correct that. But as a fan base, we have done nothing but show utter distain for UEFA and quite often the PL. For me, it’s not hard to see how or why the club got this wrong. And whilst I’m not happy at all that we signed up, it does please me that the club observed and reacted correctly in pretty quick time.
That’s a glass overflowing way of squaring it, and if you can do it and forgive the club, more power to you.

I look at the way our owners have operated in the past, meticulously planning and strategising, and struggle to accept that they would sign up to something at the last minute, without first knowing the ins and outs. Their track record tells me that they were complicit in this.

Don’t get me wrong, if it’s the case that they were complicit, I understand from a business perspective why they would want to rake in millions, but it’s going to take some very frank explanations and apologies before I call it water under the bridge.

Either that or Khaldoon gets put on the UEFA board, Ceferin acknowledges that City blew the whistle from within weeks ago and the club get lauded as saviours of the game. The cards have landed in a manner that aligns suspiciously well with that conspiracy theory - but equally the glass would be floating in an ocean, never mind half full.

I for one will sit and await the explanations and apologies, glad that the plan went up in smoke, but ashamed that our hands probably aren’t clean.

I find that difficult to believe that a club run by a man as clever and powerful as Khaldon Al Mubarak would be rushed into making a monumental decision in the space of a few hours.

This has gone on for months, the club have known about this for months, they f%%ed up, end of story, spin what you want, we f%%ed up, but at least we have come to our senses if damaged.

And fortunately we are rich, very rich, money talks , so we could still get away with this.

I’m not really interested in arguing, because it makes people look stupid when they argue without all the facts. I’m not saying you’re wrong. Khaldoon is indeed as you say, but the other clubs are also ran by intelligent, successful & no doubt manipulative people too. They may well be fully aware of Khaldoon’s acumen and that’s why they did give us such a small window to make such a big decision.

All we do know for certain is, we were in and out within 48 hours. That doesn’t scream well thought out, confident and committed to me. It’s screams rushed judgement.

Again, these are incredibly rich and powerful people. If the ESL were indeed something we were deeply committed to, a couple of graffitied bed sheets and Gary Neville wouldn’t have made the slightest dent.

Perez was the ring master, but we were the clowns in a very sad circus!
I used the term “impressionable amateurs” about City yesterday. I think that’s what we were in this. We weren’t the core of the movement but we panicked and judgement was monumentally poor. We might not look like the worst guys in this but certainly the most stupid, and there are people at this club who have shown again that they know nothing about or have disdain for City fans, City culture, fan culture, football culture and wider culture in this country and what football means to it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.