The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Sid Lowe who is an Spansh based football journalist is reporting Real Madrid's owner's comments about the English club. That might start penetrating into the consciousness of a few people.

These are just interpretations. There wont be a smoking gun but there will be a strong impression from a lot of football observers that this was a settling of scores.

The whole greed v fan power discussion the media is pushing is not very convincing. Why would City exit a set-up where we are dominant to a set-up where we'd be mid-table and where we'd have refinanced all our rivals. It's illogical. We'd have to be really financially desperate to do that. We know that Real Madrid, Man Utd and Liverpool are devious, and they plotted behind the back of football but City imo used their desperation to deliver a punch below the belt. They had it coming.

Anyone who reckons this is dead is fuckin dreaming.
True, and we need to be on our guard against that but I think the proposed format will need altering drastically for it to ever have a chance of getting off the ground:

No closed shop and guaranteed places for "founding members"
Far more places than the 20 on offer, making it open to every club in Europe if they qualify on merit and merit alone
A fairer qualification process than that for the CL - less weighting and less places for the stronger performing domestic leagues
A Europa League equivalent that isn't devalued by sticking games on on Thursday nights
Oh, and a publicity campaign that is far more diplomatic and far less amateurish than the shit show we've seen from Perez this week

Anyone who thinks this was our plan all along should go re-read sorianos email.

For it to be true, he’d now need to be lying in his emails to supporters which surely puts it to bed.

They got swept up in it, made the wrong decision and righted it. Doesnt make them instigators but equally they fucked up and misjudged the eventual reaction

Sid Lowe who is an Spansh based football journalist is reporting Real Madrid's owner's comments about the English club. That might start penetrating into the consciousness of a few people.

These are just interpretations. There wont be a smoking gun but there will be a strong impression from a lot of football observers that this was a settling of scores.

The whole greed v fan power discussion the media is pushing is not very convincing. Why would City exit a set-up where we are dominant to a set-up where we'd be mid-table and where we'd have refinanced all our rivals. It's illogical. We'd have to be really financially desperate to do that. We know that Real Madrid, Man Utd and Liverpool are devious, and they plotted behind the back of football but City imo used their desperation to deliver a punch below the belt. They had it coming.
Given these clubs don't like us why would they all just jump ship because we did. Makes no sense.

When you watch Perez’s recent ‘outbursts’ I’m not sure whether he’s taken leave of his senses or whether he’s a man in a corner absolutely desperate for a way out - (it’s probably simul both!). Almost to a one the so called legacy clubs despite the embarrassment of riches on offer have driven themselves into a mountain of unsustainable debt and now they want to steal the whole bag of money from the footballing world for themselves not only to pay off their existing debts but to start a whole new cycle of frivolous spending - I think we now know why Haarland agent was in Madrid and Barcelona because a heist was underway! How our owners - who I (just about) still respect greatly - could ever have got caught up in these crazy plans presented by desperate and power crazed individuals is beyond me.

Given these clubs don't like us why would they all just jump ship because we did. Makes no sense.

I rarely subscribe to conspiracy theories but there may - just may be a bit in this. There needed to be 6 clubs standing together for this to work - the PL votes on a 75 per cent majority rule - so with us in the tent none of the 6 could face serious sanctions or expulsion from the PL - once we left the tent - the prospect of action by the PL became possible. I’m not saying the other PL clubs would want the 6 clubs out of the PL permanently but expelling them would be a great negotiating position to start discussions.

I want to believe that we joined, knowing leaving would break it apart.

Part of me is hoping the club were making a documentary about it so we can see how it unfolded.

Reactions: CC1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.