The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Well the good thing is the Yank owners are screwed now and will hopefully back off trying to bring a Yank culture to European footy.It was a massive mis-judgement for all clubs involved. Fan power won the day.I just wish to say that the proposed new rules for the CL are equally ridiculous. More games, means bigger squads, dilutes the meaning of the PL,FA Cup and Carabao Cup.Well, its all about money and the Europeans wanting a bigger piece of the pie. The world wants to watch the PL, because it is competitive, and great to watch. We had a top two, top four and now possibly a top eight.No league compares to the PL.

Personally I agree that this wasn't planned and what has resulted isn't some kind of masterclass in deception. However, I don't agree with your logic, IF(and I don't believe we did) we had joined this to bring it down from the inside, wouldn't we have also have been disingenuous in doing so?
It is more likely that we made a blunder because we didn't want to miss out. We realised quickly we had to get out of it. The fact that we could escape relatively unscathed and damage our enemies at the same time may have made the exit strategy easier. What I am sure of is that we were communicating with Ceferin before we left because his tone softened considerably as the day wore on. He may have made some promises to us to keep Tebas in his box moving forward. I wonder if UEFA wanted to being Tebas onboard from La Liga because they had got wind of the Barca/Real split last week. I don't think Tebas is a pal of Perez though he supports Real Madrid.

And this is where things get so fucked up, we were the ones to bring this down. We were reluctant to join but after seeing how they tried to pull up the drawbridge on us in the past had to get in while we could rather than miss out if it did go through.

Now we feel a small sense of pride that we did the right thing which ultimatly ended this we know it is going to bubble away in the background.

When it does come to the fore you can see Barca, Madrid and the yank clubs doing everything possible to fuck us over.

What Perez has shared of how we acted and reacted when joining is telling.

There might be more in it of their role in destroying the cartel than they are willing to share with us. Whether premeditated before signing or after making the bad decision to join for not wanting to being left in the cold

Stuff for the movies with added creative poetic license.

*adjusts tin foil*

Has there been a thread started on the proposed British Super League?

We might have also found out how anti-football and dodgy it is after having access to the full information on how the ESL works. There would have been pages upon pages of documentation on the concept and plan of action and legalities. We could have decided to jump out after realising the alarms blaring.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.