Typically French ?

Paris is mainly a shit hole. A tourist trap like no other.

I prefer the little villages that still get power off at 9, the tabac is the local bar and you can scoff fine cheese and table wine until the cows come home.

Rural France is idyllic.

Other than Calais, Bologne and surrounding areas on a school trip many moons ago, have never been to France properly. However, we are looking at driving over next year, with our two dogs in tow. (Currently between France and Northern Spain) We don't do camping so will be a gite to stay in.
Be interested to hear of any areas/villages you can recommend?

Other than Calais, Bologne and surrounding areas on a school trip many moons ago, have never been to France properly. However, we are looking at driving over next year, with our two dogs in tow. (Currently between France and Northern Spain) We don't do camping so will be a gite to stay in.
Be interested to hear of any areas/villages you can recommend?
The Loire region (around Tours) is lovely. I stayed in Azay-le-Rideau when I went with my family and it was great, albeit that was about 20 years ago.

Paris is mainly a shit hole. A tourist trap like no other.

I prefer the little villages that still get power off at 9, the tabac is the local bar and you can scoff fine cheese and table wine until the cows come home.

Rural France is idyllic.
disagree with paris tho, great city, some lesser known neighbours are fantastic to stay in.

Enjoy his videos, think I've watched them all during lockdown.

Also worth watching bald and bankrupt if you like travel vids, a bit less fact oriented but he goes out of his way to find rural communities in Russia and elsewhere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.