Typically French ?

Remember deciding on a whim to drive to Paris around 20 years ago.
We had a Renault Megane Paris model so that made the decision for us.

Fine getting to France after the Ferry but once we drove into Paris (without sat navs - still no fucking idea how we managed it) it was an utter roller coaster. That famous roundabout.....Jesus....pure Great Yarmout Bumper Cars 'on steroids'.
We were getting beeped, laughed at, drove at...the works.
Then it got dark and we were lost at the last stage trying to find the campsite (we had our one year old daughter with us).
Out of the dark came a guy who knew we were lost (we'd parked up exhausted), gave us some instructions in a calm manner and within 10 mins were at the campsite. The closest thing I've ever come across to an angel stepping in and helping.

I’ve been to France loads and love Paris. The French have always been pleasant. In Galleries Lafayette, which is the nicest store I’ve ever seen, I witnessed the rudest woman towards a shop assistant ever. An evidently loaded American with the manners of hog. How the assistant kept her cool I’ll never know. I asked if she was okay afterwards and she implied it was standard behaviour from a lot of them and thanked me for asking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.