Typically French ?

Been to Paris a few times and also rural France; Paris definitely is beautiful but criminally over priced and the people some of the most arrogant you could have the misfortune to meet.
The true French people though can be welcoming and very friendly and I’ve had some of the best nights with them. Went on a Seine cruise years ago which involved an overnight in Conflans; cue all us brits looking for a good bar for the evening. We found this wonderful place with seats made from pallets and barrels and the locals were fantastic! The owner ran a jukebox with a computer and wireless keyboard and he just let us take total control of it all night. The bar bill at the end of the night was nowhere near as high as it should’ve been but he didn’t care, he just wanted us to enjoy ourselves!
Another holiday we rented a cottage in the north and an old guy from next door wandered over and began chattering away much too fast for me. I managed to explain we were English etc and his face lit up! He kept repeating a question to me which I couldn’t understand but I recognised the word ‘Lapin’. After much fake smiling and nodding he shot off then returned half an hour later with a freshly killed and skinned ‘Lapin’ which he very proudly gave to us for dinner! He even gave us an extra head for flavour!
Wonderful people the French but Parisians? Elitist and arrogant to an extreme.

I have a holiday home, maison secondaire, in rural France. It`s on the edge of a small village of around 500 people.There is a smattering of British, Belgian, Russian and Dutch and a few Parisians who also have second homes....
guess who all the locals hate?
I have friends, neighbours who look after my property, always greet us with a warm welcome, allow us to join in with their parties and are genuinely lovely people... but for some reason they don`t offer the same hand of friendship to their Parisian cousins!
Says a lot really.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.