Return of Supporters

I think the issue being debated / argued is that 'loyalty' has now been segregated and that some fans are more loyal than others. Either points should have been used for the whole ballot and that includes hospitality or just a straight ballot. By ring fencing fans with more than 22k points the club is saying they deserve a ticket more which can't be fair.
Which is all I was trying to say.

Is someone on 21990 points less deserving than someone on 22000 points? If yes, then the principle is established and points should have been the method used in ticket allocation. If not then it's a straight ballot.

Does anyone on City Matters know why my sixteen year old lad is not eligible to enter the ballot despite being a Cityzens Matchday member? Supporter services said yesterday they have asked the question themselves but are still awaiting an answer.

I used to do most aways up to about 2012 then fell down the points ladder when living and working away from home so couldn't do it any more. But in the last couple of seasons I got tickets for places like Cardiff, Leicester and even Everton & Arsenal. League Cup games are also a great way to get away tickets.

But if we're up in the North East on a Tuesday evening, or at Reading on a Monday night (as we're have been), you won't get home till the early hours of the morning and may have to be up for work a few hours later. Yet there are people who do this regularly, season in, season out, using their holidays up on watching City. Those people deserve to see us lift the trophy a week on Sunday.
Those are the same 'deserving' people you decided shouldn't get any points for their efforts to attend away games.

If you accept that fans on 22000 points deserve to be at the game more than fans on 21000 points doesn't it also follow that fans on 21000 points are more deserving than fans on 20000 points, etc. If you do how can you argue against points being the primary means of allocating tickets for this game?

If you do respond keep it civil. I'm making a valid point.

Which is all I was trying to say.

Is someone on 21990 points less deserving than someone on 22000 points? If yes, then the principle is established and points should have been the method used in ticket allocation. If not then it's a straight ballot.
100% agree which has been my point from the beginning. The phrase 'primus inter pares' springs to mind. Why won't the club tell us how the 10k is being divided up?

Me, my brother and dad all on 20.3k points so had to enter the ballot for this one. Praying I get to see us lift the trophy and give Sergio a perfect send off

Those are the same 'deserving' people you decided shouldn't get any points for their efforts to attend away games.

If you accept that fans on 22000 points deserve to be at the game more than fans on 21000 points doesn't it also follow that fans on 21000 points are more deserving than fans on 20000 points, etc. If you do how can you argue against points being the primary means of allocating tickets for this game?

If you do respond keep it civil. I'm making a valid point.

The argument could go on forever. I didn't miss a game home or away in all competitions for over 10 years in the 80's and 90's but haven't got any points for that loyalty. I actually reduced the number of away games pretty much just as the points system came in to play (marriage, kids etc.) but still did and do plenty of them now. I am on c.21k points but would have been to many more games over the years than some people on 22k now. As I say, the argument could go on forever.

The argument could go on forever. I didn't miss a game home or away in all competitions for over 10 years in the 80's and 90's but haven't got any points for that loyalty. I actually reduced the number of away games pretty much just as the points system came in to play (marriage, kids etc.) but still did and do plenty of them now. I am on c.21k points but would have been to many more games over the years than some people on 22k now. As I say, the argument could go on forever.
I'm as tired of the argument as you seem to be.

Plenty of people chose family over football at certain times in their life and most of us would agree that was probably the right thing to do; after all it's only a game and nothing is more important than family.

But there are many people of your age who made different choices and kept going. There's no right or wrong here just different choices. The club can't distinguish between a genuine fan like you and some chancer who says he was there during the bad times. So the points system is all we have to go on.

All academic now with respect to the Everton game. The decision has been taken.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.