Douglas Luiz

Don’t know what other people think, but I didn’t really see anything from him last night to make me think we should sign him back.

Thought the game passed him by, and we need a better player than him given our reliance on Rodri, but I suppose he’s still relatively young.

And I would think that the events of the past few days will rule out buying him for 25m and immediately selling him on for a profit.
Using that logic would suggest Mbappe isn’t good enough for us!

Maybe I didn’t click to it but I didn’t notice that we employed a system set up to specifically mark Luiz out of the game like we did with Mbappe?
I think my main point is that judging a player solely playing against us would mean very few transfers would happen.

There are very few defensive midfielders who look good against us.

I think my main point is that judging a player solely playing against us would mean very few transfers would happen.

There are very few defensive midfielders who look good against us.

When you compared how the 2 players fared against us, I just took it to be just that being done (though in a tongue in cheek fashion in response to the point made by the guy you were replying to).
But, yes, I agree that judging a player solely on performances against us would be potty.

When you compared how the 2 players fared against us, I just took it to be just that being done (though in a tongue in cheek fashion in response to the point made by the guy you were replying to).
But, yes, I agree that judging a player solely on performances against us would be potty.
I think with Luiz, we already know his attributes and mentality perfectly, so he may be used as the benchmark when scouting others in the same position. If we can’t find any better, we can fall back on Luiz if required at a reasonable cost.

I don't see him as being a better option than potentially Doyle or Lavia,maybe Hodge.So,if Dinho is extending,signing a player like Luiz doesn't really make sense.

I don't see him as being a better option than potentially Doyle or Lavia,maybe Hodge.So,if Dinho is extending,signing a player like Luiz doesn't really make sense.
I don’t disagree with that, but Pep rarely uses teenagers. Say Rodri got a season ending injury in September, we’d have to use Doyle/Lavia for half a season. Obviously this could be their breakthrough and be amazing, but it could also destroy our chances of winning trophies.

I don’t disagree with that, but Pep rarely uses teenagers. Say Rodri got a season ending injury in September, we’d have to use Doyle/Lavia for half a season. Obviously this could be their breakthrough and be amazing, but it could also destroy our chances of winning trophies.
That's exactly the same situation as we have been in this past season.At least going into next the lads will have that bit more experience and development.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.